MS : Windows Release Preview (RC)- First Week of June

I got 4 mins left so might as well :)

Gonna download from Public links when I go home though to see what's the diff with the ISOs.

wow that was a fast crash... got it and installed x64 and it "blue screens" (not sure that is the best term now that its been changed) at pci.sys ugh.... time to figure out what is doing it.....

ugh, 57 minutes to go.

At least your timer is accurate, mine has said an hour since the moment I started downloading it, and it's on 800MB now, still says an hour.

I noticed something interesting about that Release Preview download page, them saying that you won't be able to use a recovery partition after you install Windows 8, meaning that whole F10 to restore your PC thing might be rendered useless. Considering that's what I use to restore my computer all the time, I don't think I'm going to touch this, not until release at least.

I noticed something interesting about that Release Preview download page, them saying that you won't be able to use a recovery partition after you install Windows 8, meaning that whole F10 to restore your PC thing might be rendered useless. Considering that's what I use to restore my computer all the time, I don't think I'm going to touch this, not until release at least.

It said the same thing for the past two releases, so hopefully you haven't installed either of them!

It said the same thing for the past two releases, so hopefully you haven't installed either of them!

I've installed Consumer Preview and still was able to recover from my F10 partition. o_O I dual boot between Windows 7 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview and was able to restore just fine.

got the crash fixed, didn't like the high performance timers in bios..... never seen windows boot this fast... to the "start screen" in under 3 seconds..

Seems to be taking longer to install than the CP

That's too bad. I was hoping for a slightly faster install.

That's too bad. I was hoping for a slightly faster install.

Installed for me in under 15 minutes, thats faster then windows 7 for me taking 18 minutes

Installed for me in under 15 minutes, thats faster then windows 7 for me taking 18 minutes

Well that is good news! Guess I'll just try and see for myself.

I know someone is going to disagree with me, but the whole start panel is a small 5x5 pixel hover over button on the taskbar is still stupid still hateing that

the charm pull out on the right has this large area to hover over, the "start" panel has this tiny lowest corner... seems inconsistant

I'm at 2.7 GB again and my stupid college internet cap is about to hit in 2 minutes. COME ON!

Edit: Got to 2.8GB then the cap kicked in. :( Now downloading at 15kb a sec vs. the 1.5 mb. ;(