MS : Windows Release Preview (RC)- First Week of June

Heh, maybe? Xbox is now part of Windows 8 etc so why not show off some cross-platform stuff with the 360 and Windows 8 etc? Really though this should be the last E3 we talk about the 360 so my expectations are low.

Nice. They're on track for a September/October launch I guess...

I'm hoping for an RTM before September 14th. That's the day my Technet subscription is up, and I won't have enough money this year to renew it.

not impressed...

Not enough changes in Aero. . . Lacks a lot of polish (I say this because even the RTM Aero of Windows 7 lacked polish)

I like the dark gray look in that screenshot. Wonder if there are other changes on the start screen side as well.

not impressed...

Not enough changes in Aero. . . Lacks a lot of polish

You can polish a turd all day long. But at the end of the day it's still a turd. :laugh:

I like the dark gray look in that screenshot. Wonder if there are other changes on the start screen side as well.

canouna had mentioned earlier (post#3) that :

A bunch of new start page background added

But he has not shown it (yet).

You can polish a turd all day long. But at the end of the day it's still a turd. :laugh:

Sarcasm?

I'm still disappointed to see two Control Panels in Windows 8. Everything should be ripped out of the code and moved to the Metro CP. Since the CP in Windows is a mess of epic proportions, that might be harder to do.

not impressed...

Not enough changes in Aero. . . Lacks a lot of polish (I say this because even the RTM Aero of Windows 7 lacked polish)

idk to me its much nicer and matches well with Metro design. Also its less distracting and soft. And what more can we expect ? Aero Diamond?

Here's a higher res pic :

dlYnB.png

I'm still disappointed to see two Control Panels in Windows 8. Everything should be ripped out of the code and moved to the Metro CP. Since the CP in Windows is a mess of epic proportions, that might be harder to do.

People are already crying to not to fiddle with normal desktop mode so that they can avoid metro completely , doing that would not be nice , at least for Windows 8. How weird it would be to switch from normal desktop to control panel in metro every now and then , techie ppl won't like that...

I like two CPs. I mean I couldn't justify it having two.

Like why uninstall desktop apps on the metro side and everything, and also when you change the theme you want to see the wallpaper or colour changing. Pointless having to try every new aero colour and swapping back and forth to see what it looks like.

I'm just waiting for new icons (as in Windows Explorer/Recycle Bin etc) and new sounds.

I honestly can't believe that a company of such size of MS can produce such utter cr$p (N). where are their proper UI designers ? , where is the flow ? , the integration ? ...... it's like MS will never learn from their mistakes, because i'm sorry but the changes to the 'new' aero revision looks like a retard designed it :/

We already had this conversion on the forum, and you are wrong/out of your mind.

I honestly can't believe that a company of such size of MS can produce such utter cr$p (N). where are their proper UI designers ? , where is the flow ? , the integration ? ...... it's like MS will never learn from their mistakes, because i'm sorry but the changes to the 'new' aero revision looks like a retard designed it :/

The metro dogma must have destroyed designers within MS. I cannot believe MS is risking their company on such poor UX.

Agreed. I particularly don't like that the titlebars are obscenely large and not customizable.

Need shadows on those inactive windows...

for whatever reason i dont like shadows on any windows. when ever i install windows i disable shadows and the minimize/maximize effect.

for whatever reason i dont like shadows on any windows. when ever i install windows i disable shadows and the minimize/maximize effect.

I find that shadows on all windows make it easier to find the borders of most windows. At present, inactive windows that are against a white background have frames that are exactly the same color as their background and only a 1px border to denote that they are a window. I'm annoyed by stuff like the following; an inactive explorer window on top of the content area of an inactive web page - at a glance, it is hard to differentiate the window borders from content in the web page.

post-17075-0-30654400-1336354738.png

I find that shadows on all windows make it easier to find the borders of most windows. At present, inactive windows that are against a white background have frames that are exactly the same color as their background and only a 1px border to denote that they are a window. I'm annoyed by stuff like the following; an inactive explorer window on top of the content area of an inactive web page - at a glance, it is hard to differentiate the window borders from content in the web page.

I'm not on Windows 8 atm but did you check advanced system settings to see if you can enable drop shadow? On Windows 7 it's enabled by default and I have disabled it manually.