microsoft windows release preview release candidate beta win8 rc june

• Please log in to reply
455 replies to this topic

#31 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:24

not impressed...

Not enough changes in Aero. . . Lacks a lot of polish (I say this because even the RTM Aero of Windows 7 lacked polish)

#32 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:25

I like the dark gray look in that screenshot. Wonder if there are other changes on the start screen side as well.

#33 BeerFan

BeerFan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:28

not impressed...

Not enough changes in Aero. . . Lacks a lot of polish

You can polish a turd all day long. But at the end of the day it's still a turd. :laugh:

#34 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:41

I like the dark gray look in that screenshot. Wonder if there are other changes on the start screen side as well.

canouna had mentioned earlier (post#3) that :

A bunch of new start page background added

But he has not shown it (yet).

#35 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 05 May 2012 - 13:28

You can polish a turd all day long. But at the end of the day it's still a turd. :laugh:

Sarcasm?

I'm still disappointed to see two Control Panels in Windows 8. Everything should be ripped out of the code and moved to the Metro CP. Since the CP in Windows is a mess of epic proportions, that might be harder to do.

#36 bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 05 May 2012 - 13:40

not impressed...

Not enough changes in Aero. . . Lacks a lot of polish (I say this because even the RTM Aero of Windows 7 lacked polish)

idk to me its much nicer and matches well with Metro design. Also its less distracting and soft. And what more can we expect ? Aero Diamond?

Here's a higher res pic :
Posted Image

I'm still disappointed to see two Control Panels in Windows 8. Everything should be ripped out of the code and moved to the Metro CP. Since the CP in Windows is a mess of epic proportions, that might be harder to do.

People are already crying to not to fiddle with normal desktop mode so that they can avoid metro completely , doing that would not be nice , at least for Windows 8. How weird it would be to switch from normal desktop to control panel in metro every now and then , techie ppl won't like that...

#37 limok

limok

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy S4, iPhone 5

Posted 05 May 2012 - 13:50

This looks ****, starting to look like Linux.

#38 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 05 May 2012 - 13:51

This isn't good
VS11 beta cannot open/ create projects in Windows 8 build 8370

#39 LightShadow

LightShadow

>Metro<

Posted 05 May 2012 - 13:54

I like two CPs. I mean I couldn't justify it having two.
Like why uninstall desktop apps on the metro side and everything, and also when you change the theme you want to see the wallpaper or colour changing. Pointless having to try every new aero colour and swapping back and forth to see what it looks like.

I'm just waiting for new icons (as in Windows Explorer/Recycle Bin etc) and new sounds.

#40 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 05 May 2012 - 13:55

This looks ****, starting to look like Linux.

Agree. Reminds me allot of Linux. gnome-look.org

#41 bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 05 May 2012 - 13:57

maybe this is how it is year of linux :p

#42 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 14:07

I honestly can't believe that a company of such size of MS can produce such utter cr$p (N). where are their proper UI designers ? , where is the flow ? , the integration ? ...... it's like MS will never learn from their mistakes, because i'm sorry but the changes to the 'new' aero revision looks like a retard designed it :/

#43 Anthonyd

Anthonyd

Neowinian

Posted 05 May 2012 - 15:01

We already had this conversion on the forum, and you are wrong/out of your mind.

#44 guru

guru

||guru||

Posted 05 May 2012 - 17:35

I honestly can't believe that a company of such size of MS can produce such utter cr$p (N). where are their proper UI designers ? , where is the flow ? , the integration ? ...... it's like MS will never learn from their mistakes, because i'm sorry but the changes to the 'new' aero revision looks like a retard designed it :/

The metro dogma must have destroyed designers within MS. I cannot believe MS is risking their company on such poor UX.

#45 trek

trek

7 / X

Posted 06 May 2012 - 21:08

Agreed. I particularly don't like that the titlebars are obscenely large and not customizable.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!