Rumor: Nexon to buy EA

I would not mind seeing Nexon buy them however, it would just make EA even worse as Nexon makes all of its money making everything Freemium or worse, and charging for every piece and upgrade on their games making it fun but not as fun as if you could blow $200 upgrading your character.

Yeah let's end ea the company that stopped using drm and started just using plain old keys and then steam like activation, which according to all the steamboats is just fine(well when steam does it anyway). Let's leave the game distribution to activision and ubisoft, everything will be so much better then.

I just don't see is end well, but then I don't really see it happening. But I don't see any south Korean company being able to run a western game distributor without killing it at all.

Their also the one that sarted using online passes and shut down servers anyway.

All publishers shut down online servers for online games that are out of date, ea just happens to have a lot more online games with sentral servers than anyone else.

As for online passes, they come packaged in every new box, don't see a problem. Bargain bin is cheaper than used anyway.

The problem is online passes are meant to pay for the fees associated with keeping the games online component. If they shut down servers regardless, it shows them for what they are: a cash grab.

No, that would be yearly or monthly online passes. And if ou buy a 2 year old used game and get an online pass for it you're kind of an idiot anyway.

No, that would be yearly or monthly online passes. And if ou buy a 2 year old used game and get an online pass for it you're kind of an idiot anyway.

Here's a direct quote from EA regarding Onile Passes when they first launched:

Is this intended to combat second sale?

We actually view the second sale market as an opportunity to develop a direct relationship with our consumers, and with Online Pass everyone has access to the same premium online services and content regardless of how and where you buy the game. In order to continue to enhance the online experiences that are attracting nearly five million connected game sessions a day, again, we think it?s fair to get paid for the services we provide and to reserve these online services for people who pay EA to access them. In return, we?ll continue to invest in creating great games and offer industry-leading online services to extend the game experience to everyone. I don?t think even the harshest cynic can argue with that and instead I think fans will see the value we?re committing to deliver when they see all the services, features and bonus content that is extending the life of their products.

"We'll sell you our company for $5 billion. Once purchased, if you want to the keys to the EA Sports office, that will be $1 billion more. The keys to Bioware can be purchased six months later, and will cost another $1 billion. If you decide to sell EA in the future, the purchasing company will have to buy an activation license for $400 million, payable to us, to use any of the employees currently hired, and repurchase all subsidiary companies you may have purchased."

LOL! Too true. After a further 6 months, EA will sell them all of their trade secrets in various packs. At $100 Million a pop.

Here's a direct quote from EA regarding Onile Passes when they first launched:

Yeah, but ea lies. In any case as I said, unless you're an idiot and buy an online pass for a 2 year old game, you still have 1-2 year of gaming on it. Still better value in the bargain bin, since you don't need to get the online pass.