8 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]Intro[/b]

Having owned the Hazro HZ24Wi (h-IPS) since before launch I've been fully covered as far as photo editing goes but recently I've been feeling an itch, an itch for a 2nd monitor that wasn't the 19" TN panel Samsung I was using to plonk workflow palettes and sidebar gadgets, a screen that could do all those and more...and so the research began!

I've owned various VA/IPS and even TN panel monitors whilst owning the Hazro and none of them really wowed me except maybe the HP 24W which had excellent performance and quality but at the time it had a pink tinge problem that was documented quite well (now long resolved though) so I returned it. I've also owned the Dell 2405 series and was not happy with any of them due to input lag for gaming which was easily noticeable and also a slight mouse lag delay in Windows itself.

So after lots of reading reviews and seeing what's offering the best bang for buck I bought the U2410 for
1 person likes this

Posted

Good review, thanks :)

Posted

Is there HDMI connection or only DVI?

Nice review.

Posted

Nice review, mrk. I've had my 2412M for a couple of months now and it's one of the best monitors I've owned for the price point. I use mine for gaming a fair bit and never notice any lag, and the colours on it are excellent once you give them a slight tweak.

Posted

I own this monitor and it's definitely worth every penny.
It's being used for Movies, Gaming, Reading and I specially love it's USB ports which I use a lot for External HDDs and USB peripherals such as gamepads.

The only downside is it doesn't offer an HDMI input, instead it offers a DVI and a Mini-Displayport which an HDMI would be greatly preferred.

The rotation feature is also nice and the 1920x1200 resolution is even greater.

Posted

If you want something similar feature wise with HDMI then I thoroughly recommend the Samsung 24" SyncMaster LED BX2450 (2xHDMI, VGA and separate complete configurations for all)

Posted

Thanks for posting this review, mrk. The U2412M looks like an excellent E-IPS monitor.

Are you still using the U2412M as your primary monitor, or have you switched back to using the Hazro?

Posted

Don't really care about the monitor, but your review is awesome, from the photos down to its writing!