Looking For A 34'' CURVED, WIDESCREEN MONITOR That Does >120hz Out Of The HDMI Port For XSX Use.

I'm having more trouble then i anticipated here.

Looking for a 34 inch curved monitor to use in conjunction with my Xbox Series X.

I currently have a 34inch curved/wide Asus and I love the size, it fits perfectly on my desk. Only problem is, it only does 100hz from the HDMI port.

The advertising on these is VERY misleading as achieving the highest resolution possible is usually by plugging in a DisplayPort cable, which i cannot do with my XSX.

For example, https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Optix-MAG342CQR-1500R-Curvature/dp/B08S8W3MMM/ would be fine. But after reading the fine print, it also only does 100hz from the HDMI port.

So I am looking for some help and suggestions here, please. I would like to stay with a 34inch monitor. 30 too small and most 32 i seen arent widescreen.

Price point: well i thought I could just get something in the $200-$400 range but i dont know now? I'd like to stay around that if possible. 

TIA

On 25/03/2024 at 21:13, ESC@PE said:

Looking for a 34 inch curved monitor to use in conjunction with my Xbox Series X.

I currently have a 34inch curved/wide Asus and I love the size, it fits perfectly on my desk. Only problem is, it only does 100hz from the HDMI port.

The advertising on these is VERY misleading as achieving the highest resolution possible is usually by plugging in a DisplayPort cable, which i cannot do with my XSX.

For example, https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Optix-MAG342CQR-1500R-Curvature/dp/B08S8W3MMM/ would be fine. But after reading the fine print, it also only does 100hz from the HDMI port.

So I am looking for some help and suggestions here, please. I would like to stay with a 34inch monitor. 30 too small and most 32 i seen arent widescreen.

Price point: well i thought I could just get something in the $200-$400 range but i dont know now? I'd like to stay around that if possible. 

TIA

could you try a display port to hdmi cable

On 26/03/2024 at 09:27, Som said:

could you try a display port to hdmi cable

I was wondering if this would work, but according to this post on reddit I found:

"There are two types of DisplayPort to HDMI passive adapter.

Type 1 passive adapters support up to 165 Mpx/s or 4.95 Gbit/s. This is enough for up to 1920×1080 @ 60 Hz.

Type 2 passive adapters support up to 300 Mpx/s or 9.0 Gbit/s. This is enough for up to 1920×1080 @ 120 Hz, or 2560×1440 @ 60 Hz, or 3840×2160 @ 30 Hz.

Read the product description of the adapter. If it says "Up to 1920×1080/1920×1200" then it is a Type 1 adapter. If it says "supports 4K" then it is a Type 2 adapter."

On 25/03/2024 at 17:13, ESC@PE said:

TIA

When you say widescreen, do you mean ultrawide?

On 26/03/2024 at 10:04, satukoro said:

When you say widescreen, do you mean ultrawide?

yep. im so surprised there arent alot of options out there

On 26/03/2024 at 07:10, ESC@PE said:

yep. im so surprised there arent alot of options out there

Ultrawides are still fairly niche products. I love them but finding the perfect one that doesn’t break the bank is challenging with relatively few options that have it “all”. 

Yea... This has been a painful process thus far. I guess I would even consider a flat planel 34'' monitor if it works properly with the XSX

On 26/03/2024 at 07:22, ESC@PE said:

Yea... This has been a painful process thus far. I guess I would even consider a flat planel 34'' monitor if it works properly with the XSX

That’s even more niche. If you stick with 16:9, you will find a lot more choices. 

On 26/03/2024 at 10:37, adrynalyne said:

That’s even more niche. If you stick with 16:9, you will find a lot more choices. 

any good 34'' options in the $200-400 range that will work nicely with the XSX? lol :)

Thx for your thoughts thus far

On 26/03/2024 at 07:38, ESC@PE said:

any good 34'' options in the $200-400 range that will work nicely with the XSX? lol :)

Thx for your thoughts thus far

Not with hdmi 2.1 (that I know of). This is the key feature to look at with 3440x1440 monitors.

It seems to be reserved for more expensive models. 

Are you strict with the size requirement?

On 26/03/2024 at 10:44, adrynalyne said:

Not with hdmi 2.1 (that I know of). This is the key feature to look at with 3440x1440 monitors.

It seems to be reserved for more expensive models. 

Are you strict with the size requirement?

Dang. This is so surprising to me.

I'd really like a 34inch monitor but i guess i'd look at 30inch curved widescreen options too