arma ii arma2 dayz

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#136 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:57

They are the same. Just now we spawn with no gun. Sure it changes the way we go about starting in the game but the core mechanics are the same. It is in alpha and we're playtesting to see if these changes work. If enough people don't like it. He'll change it back.

Glad to see the latest hotfix 1.7.1.2 introduces melee with a hatchet. Least that will give us some defence when hunting a gun down.

Yesterday me and Scazza were in Electro and we must have travelled about 100 yards in about an hour because we had no guns. Oh no, i had a crossbow with no bolts. We finally did get some guns and the server restarted :laugh:

Also glad Rocket finally shut off all the debug messages in the chat. Plus Direct Chat seems to work now too.

#137 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:26

They arent the same, they have line of sight vision but can now see further, you can't prone to crawl past zombies anymore you used to have 0 visibility when you crawled, now you have 1 visibility and even more if you crouch.

He won't change it back, all the people on Dayz forums are blowing smoke up his ass, for every 1 person who says they don't like it you get pages and pages of "omg lolz go play CoD ****"

#138 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:51

True the majority of the community are idiots with the whole "carebear" and "cod kiddie" rubbish but i believe in the next month or so we'll see a more balanced solid game. He has added melee attacks now which was suggested a while back. Now the server issues seem to be slowing down, i reckon we'll see some more gameplay features.

I would still keep an eye on the game. I wouldn't write it off completely just yet.

#139 OP Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 19 June 2012 - 18:20

I stopped playing it due to the spawn gear changes

All the people promoting the spawn itemless are the same ones camping people with sniper rifles and assault. They are happy for changes cause they have even less risk of dying.

#140 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 19 June 2012 - 18:25

I stopped playing it due to the spawn gear changes

All the people promoting the spawn itemless are the same ones camping people with sniper rifles and assault. They are happy for changes cause they have even less risk of dying.

I don't keep up on the forums much so I don't know what rationale they are kicking around but I don't see how this helps the game at all.

I'm having a hard time getting into a game right now, the servers I usually use are still not fully updated. I did get the SixUpdater app to work, much easier to find games and keep updated.

Edited by mattmatik, 19 June 2012 - 18:41.

#141 OP Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 June 2012 - 19:27

I don't keep up on the forums much so I don't know what rationale they are kicking around but I don't see how this helps the game at all.

I'm having a hard time getting into a game right now, the servers I usually use are still not fully updated. I did get the SixUpdater app to work, much easier to find games and keep updated.

From what im reading the Zeds now aggro from over a block away, do more damage, and harder to kill. Increased AI for the zombies when aggroed causing Lag while running away. Food/drink is spawning alot less, with multiple people not finding food and water before their icons start blinking and they die from dehydration/hunger

Im assuming he wants it to be hardcore, its a game, and people dont play games to be hardcore. He wants it to be realistic, but h ealso says night ingame is realistic ( because of that i think hes blind ).

Essentually hes just doing anything and everything to find the perfect combo for the BI to releace a stand along game. And using all the free product/demographic( demographic is wrong word but cant think of right word ) testing can get ( nothing wrong with that )

#142 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 19 June 2012 - 21:12

Definitely, definitely!, agree with night in-game. Holy hell, that is a mess.

And the dehydration thing for me was already hard. Lost my last character because I was getting desperate for fluids - ended up aggroing zombies.

I understand he wants it to be hardcore but taking the spawn weapon away is crazy. At the very least just tweak the starting pistol a bit - I'd be fine with that.

#143 OP Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 June 2012 - 22:35

Definitely, definitely!, agree with night in-game. Holy hell, that is a mess.

And the dehydration thing for me was already hard. Lost my last character because I was getting desperate for fluids - ended up aggroing zombies.

I understand he wants it to be hardcore but taking the spawn weapon away is crazy. At the very least just tweak the starting pistol a bit - I'd be fine with that.

Id be fine with the no weapon thing if spawns were all over the place randomly, not just 6 locations along the coast

Heck set it for say, 60 points you can spawn randomly at anywhere along the 225km2 location

#144 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 19 June 2012 - 23:45

Id be fine with the no weapon thing if spawns were all over the place randomly, not just 6 locations along the coast

Heck set it for say, 60 points you can spawn randomly at anywhere along the 225km2 location

Good point. Just played 3 games and died within 20 minutes each time. Once you aggro, its over, unless there is something I'm doing wrong. No weapon is doom. Also, the damn lighting in this game is really screwed up. It gets super dark then you take a step and it gets light. Makes it neigh impossible to see whats out in front of you. Grrr.

#145 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 20 June 2012 - 16:41

Watching the TotalBiscuit play through with Rocket himself. Unfortunately, they started the video with them already having weapons. Rocket did explain why he changed the starting spawn to no weapons: he wants to create a group atmosphere and see if people band together to survive. TB said when he initially spawned he robbed an AFK player for his items :laugh:

Anyone from neowin going to be playing later? Want to group up?

#146 Scazza

Scazza

___/\____\o/____ - Shark!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 16:17

Watching the TotalBiscuit play through with Rocket himself. Unfortunately, they started the video with them already having weapons. Rocket did explain why he changed the starting spawn to no weapons: he wants to create a group atmosphere and see if people band together to survive. TB said when he initially spawned he robbed an AFK player for his items :laugh:

Anyone from neowin going to be playing later? Want to group up?

Me and Lingwo will be playing later. I'm around all night tonight so will be playing a fair bit tonight! Add me to Steam (ScazzaUK) so we can chat and arrange a game tonight. Would be good to get a TeamSpeak server going too as talking via Direct Comms can still allow ppl near by us see what we are talking about.

#147 Scazza

Scazza

Posted 21 June 2012 - 21:04

I'm getting more and more frustrated with this game as time goes on.

I was playing with Lingwo & we were by the Docks, we spot a guy crawling about, he was a new survivor and seemed to have no weapon, we wished him luck and let him go on his way. As we walk the Docks Lingwo gets shot & killed. We don't know who by or where it came from. I run & narrowly miss being shot numerous times. I'm now on my own and I head out to kill some animals to kill and restore my health.

On show I have a crowbar as I start to kill a sheep. As I start to gut the sheep, this figure comes in to picture on my side, I look and it's the dude we saw crawling earlier welding a hatchet. He hits me with it, knocks me out and then kills me with it.

It's just becoming full of *******s, we could of killed him when we saw him, but we didnt because he was not being confrontational, I thought I'd get the same treatment but obviously not!

#148 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 June 2012 - 17:53

This guy that killed us too. I could have killed him so easily. The first time we saw him, i had a gun pointed at him. I'm still not sure how he killed me as i was crawling and rolling constantly and next thing my blood dropped to 500 and my bones were broke!

After that i spawned way back near Kamenka and died trying to make my way back. I was killed by the super Zombies seeing from miles away and crippling me with one hit. I just wish we'd spawn with something that we could use to defend ourselves. Even if it was a stick, that would still be relatively realistic. The only reason me and Scazza lasted as long as we did was because of the bug at the docks which was saving our bacon multiple times. At one point i somehow managed to attract at least 10 infected to us. I only took about 3 steps.

Still as frustrating as it is. It is still great fun playing with a group or someone else. Still can have a good laugh. The amount of times we ended up at the docks was hilarious.

#149 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 04 July 2012 - 21:23

Logged out in a deer stand, logged in to find a gun. If anyone wants to add 2 people to a group my friend and I are looking for others to band with.

#150 Scazza

Scazza

Posted 06 July 2012 - 18:30

Logged out in a deer stand, logged in to find a gun. If anyone wants to add 2 people to a group my friend and I are looking for others to band with.

Me & Lingwo played today. We currently stationed in Cherno Docks. Might be on tonight as well!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!