washington state

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 16:20

And unless you killed it on the first hit, or were wearing high boots, you'd likely have been bitten. The A#1 way to get a rattler to strike is to step on them, and even our 1 meter variety can hit to knee level.

The kind we have here in Oklahoma are much more aggressive. They can launch themselves into the air and strike your face. Rattlesnake bites are more of a joke around here though because we have the anti venom readily available. Sure, it will hurt like hell, but the chances of losing a limb are slim to none. During the summer months, if you are ever in the area, look-up some rattlesnake festivals. That can be a blast.

#17 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 May 2012 - 17:26

Didn't realize rattlesnakes lived that far north. We have them all over the place here in Oklahoma. Nobody is really scared of them here. I play with them when I am out camping.

**** that ****, I don't play with them. I've run them over with lawn mowers before though, hahaha.

#18 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 16,921 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 19:13

....During the summer months, if you are ever in the area, look-up some rattlesnake festivals. That can be a blast.

No need to. I've spent time in Texas and been to their roundups, and have participated in rattlesnake hunts. Tasty cooked on a spit over a campfire.

#19 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,060 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 21:03

^ Well you can just eat my share. :laugh:

#20 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 16,921 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 00:43

Your loss my gain - it's pretty darned good.

BTW: did you know Detroit has a restaurant called The Rattlesnake Club? Fancy spot, good food.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!