Apple applies for optical stylus patent, Hell reports coldest day on record

see next year apple suing samsung HTC and google for copying their Optical Stylus... They also filed a patent for fire, sliced bread and the wheel! Apple rocks! #NOT

Edit: OT why my avatar is missing?

Wait... So you're telling me that a stylus of the sort had never been patented before? Does this mean that Apple can sue Samsung for the Galaxy Note stylus, or does it have to be an "optical" stylus?

Wait... So you're telling me that a stylus of the sort had never been patented before? Does this mean that Apple can sue Samsung for the Galaxy Note stylus, or does it have to be an "optical" stylus?

Yes, that would be the point of this patent...

one question: these patents are valid just in the US, right? because i have a friend who sells devices that work with optical stylus, much before the iphone was even released.

It amazes me that people actually thing there are any original ideas out there...don't recall Apple claiming to have invented the stick

They may not have invented the stick, but it sure wont stop them from suing every device manufacturer that has a stylus because 'stick like qualities' of the competitors stylus might cause market confusion & therefore they shouldnt be allowed to sell or manufacture their devices anymore.

one question: these patents are valid just in the US, right? because i have a friend who sells devices that work with optical stylus, much before the iphone was even released.

It wouldn't really matter because your friend's devices would likely be considered prior art and would invalidate the patent.

It wouldn't really matter because your friend's devices would likely be considered prior art and would invalidate the patent.

Big companies will still somehow win, trust me ;)

Last time I bought something at the Apple store, I had to sign a screen with my finger, which is pretty much the least accurate and germiest way to do anything. :wacko:

Luckily disinfectant soap was invented a while ago. But yeah, writing with your finger isn't really practical.