38 posts in this topic

Posted

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KZYEC.jpg[/img]

[url="https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/31/our-august-cover-story-is-the-next-gears-of-war.aspx"]https://www.gameinfo...ars-of-war.aspx[/url]

Posted

Nice, was hoping there would be more Gears. I need my chainsaw fix.... :)

Posted

:woot: - definitely having fun with the current Gears 3 so yeah, definitely would need another one to keep me going!

Posted

that image looks like it might be Prescott on that island Azure??...that's just my guess, I could be wrong. If it is, couldn't explain why he would be in chans. We'll see.

Posted

With the guy in chains I'm going to guess that it'll be a prequel and run up to how Marcus ended up in the prison at the beginning of the first game.

They could use characters from the RAAMs Shadow DLC as well as a few others from the books. And we could see a younger Adam in action.

Looking forward to it but I hope the gameplay is tweaked up a bit. Gears 3 is silky smooth, don't get me wrong, but the three games have been fundamentally identical and I think it's time for something a bit different.

Posted

I thought Cliffy B said that gears 3 was the conclusion to the franchise.. interesting.

Posted

[quote name='what' timestamp='1338481427' post='594899461']
And we could see a younger Adam in action.
[/quote]

If thats the case, then I hope they also bring back a younger Dom. Didnt like what they did to him in GW3.

Posted

[quote name='3dfxman' timestamp='1338481667' post='594899467']
I thought Cliffy B said that gears 3 was the conclusion to the franchise.. interesting.
[/quote]
It's too successful to discontinue. They'll keep going until people are bored. Gears 3 made a killing and has done since release through DLC. They were charging people 320 points to change the colour of their weapons in multiplayer. They'll run it into the ground and only then move onto something else.

Posted

[quote name='what' timestamp='1338481427' post='594899461']
With the guy in chains I'm going to guess that it'll be a prequel and run up to how Marcus ended up in the prison at the beginning of the first game.

They could use characters from the RAAMs Shadow DLC as well as a few others from the books. And we could see a younger Adam in action.

Looking forward to it but I hope the gameplay is tweaked up a bit. Gears 3 is silky smooth, don't get me wrong, but the three games have been fundamentally identical and I think it's time for something a bit different.
[/quote]
[/quote]

With that i think it might be Marcus now instead of Prescott. I first thought it was him too but if GOW3 was the end then this might be a "prequel" which shows all that. Then E-Day stuff can happen and fight thru the first part of that. Makes me wanna go buy GOW1 again just to check it out. Saw it for $5 the other day :D

Posted

YES!!!! I've always wanted to know what happened before GOW1!! :D

Gears of War 1 Sniping was the best! Especially when you're host. :p

Posted

[/quote]

i think its the Gears 3 team not the game

Posted

The guys who made Bulletstorm are making Gears 4. It's on Kotaku.

Posted

i rather liked the 1st two - still have to play the 3rd. more Gears is always welcomed!

Posted

[quote name='nominak' timestamp='1338493710' post='594900219']
[/quote]
oh boy...

Posted

Hope they've a more threatening boss than one riding a giant ornate butterfly.

Posted

[quote name='nominak' timestamp='1338493710' post='594900219']
[/quote]

that's not encouraging bulletstorm was meh

Posted

Can't wait. This won't be about Delta Squad anymore. So it's gonna be a new squad with new Characters based in the Gears Universe. Love how the picture tells you, those are Onyx Guards taking a prisoner in. So likely the Prisoner is going to be very dangerous. hehe.

Posted

Oh how original.

MS sure love their Halo/Gears/Forza sequels.

Cant wait for E3. Forza Horizon, Halo 4, this new Gears game and a butt load of Kinect titles.

No thanks MS.

Posted

[quote name='the better twin' timestamp='1338496722' post='594900393']
Oh how original.

MS sure love their Halo/Gears/Forza sequels.

Cant wait for E3. Forza Horizon, Halo 4, this new Gears game and a butt load of Kinect titles.

No thanks MS.
[/quote]
To be fair, they should all be different from their previous incarnations. Unlike Call of Duty, which we know the ins and outs of a ducks arse of before we've even seen a trailer.

Posted

Should be interesting at least. And is this even Xbox only?

Posted

Gears 3 was the last game I actually bothered to play any multiplayer on, mostly horde mode. I'm down for another gears game, I find the world and it's story interesting. If this is some type of prequel that fills in some story gaps from the first 3 games then I'll give it a go.

Oh and, yeah, to those bitching about yet another halo, forza, gears, give it a rest. If this was Nintendo it'd be another zelda, mario and metroid, and as for sony, yeah, I can list a number of series they have as well. So what? Don't want another then don't buy another.

Posted

[quote]

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/533099_10150879775681633_59685491632_10006087_2107209484_n.jpg[/img]

[color=#000000]Baird, Cole, Garron, and Sofia -- the four members of [/color][url="http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/135/135402.html"]Gears of War: Judgment[/url][color=#000000]'s Kilo Squad -- have been "charged for treason because they didn't follow orders, stole equipment, and their actions could end up killing millions of people they swore to protect," an anonymous source told IGN.[/color]
[color=#000000][size=4]This is the premise of Judgment, and the crux of the trailer debuting at [url="http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/this-is-everywhere-youll-find-igns-e3-content"]Microsoft's E3 press conference[/url] on Monday, June 4, where we'll learn officially that the next Gears of War is a prequel to the first game.[/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=4][url="http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/Cole.jpg"][img]http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/Cole.jpg[/img][/url][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=4]Baird and Cole look younger in Judgment because Kilo Squad was only around during the two years following Emergence Day, as far as the Gears of War novel Coalition's End is concerned. E-Day happened 14 years before the first Gears of War, which puts us more than a decade behind Epic's original Gears game, giving us the opportunity to watch their [i]delightful[/i] relationship develop. It also leaves Judgment open to introduce a young Marcus Fenix before he gets thrown in the clink for desertion.[/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=4]Two people new to the Gears canon join Baird and Cole, but we'll need to wait for Monday's E3 trailer to learn more about who they are, how they're connected to these guys, and what role they play in Kilo's treason.[/quote][/size][/color]

Posted

I'm excited about this because I'm hoping People Can Fly will breathe some new life in the series.

I enjoyed Gears of War 3, but Epic hasn't done much to keep the game afloat and they're not listening to the community at all. There's almost no community involvement, in fact. At least with the first two titles they'd always tell us what was going on, but with the third it seems like they said 'this is our DLC timetable, let's do it all in advance and forget about it.'

Cole and Baird are kind of "eh" for me, though. Cole is a horrible stereotype, and I've never cared one way or another for Baird. I was really, really hoping for a prequel along the lines of the RAAM's Shadow DLC, with Michael Barrett being the new lead. I do like the fact that they've said it'll go through flashbacks and there will be less cutscenes and more storytelling through the gameplay, though. I always felt like the cutscenes bore down the gameplay in the series.

Posted

[quote name='Anthony Tosie' timestamp='1338752896' post='594907401']
I'm excited about this because I'm hoping People Can Fly will breathe some new life in the series.

I enjoyed Gears of War 3, but Epic hasn't done much to keep the game afloat and they're not listening to the community at all. There's almost no community involvement, in fact. At least with the first two titles they'd always tell us what was going on, but with the third it seems like they said 'this is our DLC timetable, let's do it all in advance and forget about it.'

Cole and Baird are kind of "eh" for me, though. Cole is a horrible stereotype, and I've never cared one way or another for Baird. I was really, really hoping for a prequel along the lines of the RAAM's Shadow DLC, with Michael Barrett being the new lead. I do like the fact that they've said it'll go through flashbacks and there will be less cutscenes and more storytelling through the gameplay, though. I always felt like the cutscenes bore down the gameplay in the series.
[/quote]

Yeah I thought the same when I saw Baird. I'd thought they'd would create a new squad, a new lead, set in the realm of Gears. I'd thought they'd do that because they all been saying "Delta Squad" is done after Gears 3. Now IMHO, I would like to see a lead from another perspective on planet Sera instead of going back to Delta Squad.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote][img]http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/epic-games/231img/MP05.jpg[/img]

Gears of War fans have learned to expect a content-rich experience with every installment in the series. In 2006, the original title impressed with stellar online campaign co-op coupled with numerous multiplayer modes. Its sequel introduced Horde mode, an addictive multiplayer experience that other shooters quickly emulated. Gears of War 3 expanded on Horde with fortifications and a currency system. In addition, Beast mode allowed players to inhabit various Locust creatures as they took on A.I.-controlled COG soldiers. With Gears of War: Judgment, Epic is taking the logical next step in multiplayer. Both Horde and Beast have a vocal following, and the developer hopes to satisfy both camps with the ambitious OverRun mode.

Many shooters on the market hit store shelves with a predictable assortment of modes. Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch have been standbys since the