Annoying Freezing Issue

release preview

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#136 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 20:56

I had that problem as well. I reran bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes then restarted. Then ran bcdedit /set disabledynamictick no and restarted. Haven't had the issue since. Worked fine on my desktop without re-enabling/disabling it.

Huh. That's a curious solution. I'll give it a shot if it stays stable for a couple days like this.

#137 revanmj

revanmj

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:36

I had that problem as well. I reran bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes then restarted. Then ran bcdedit /set disabledynamictick no and restarted. Haven't had the issue since. Worked fine on my desktop without re-enabling/disabling it.

That didn't solved the problem on my MacBook Pro 13" from 2010. Seems that Microsoft haven't fixed the problem entirely :/

#138 +Harrison H.

Harrison H.

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 17 July 2012 - 13:11

You guys are sure you installed the update correct? Look in the update history for

Update for Windows 8 Release Preview for x64-based Systems (KB2727113)

#139 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 17 July 2012 - 13:15

Worked fine for me. I've had no issues since installing that update.

#140 ls_dragons

ls_dragons

Neowinian

Posted 18 July 2012 - 18:01

I tried the "bcdedit..." fix without success -- I am not sure I have the same issue. My "freeze" seems to be limited to just Google Chrome. The rest of the system responds normally -- Chrome just won't finish loading. I have www.google.com set as my start page -- it never finishes loading.

I will try the "official" fix later today -- but not sure this is the issue I am having.

#141 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

Posted 18 July 2012 - 18:03

[Oops! Just saw that a few other people already posted this. Sorry!]

Microsoft release a fix for this.

1. Open a terminal in administrator mode.
2. type (without the quotes) "bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes" and hit return.
3. Reboot your system.

Edited by Tuishimi, 18 July 2012 - 18:05.

#142 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

Posted 18 July 2012 - 18:04

I tried the "bcdedit..." fix without success -- I am not sure I have the same issue. My "freeze" seems to be limited to just Google Chrome. The rest of the system responds normally -- Chrome just won't finish loading. I have www.google.com set as my start page -- it never finishes loading.

I will try the "official" fix later today -- but not sure this is the issue I am having.

I've heard there can be Flash conflicts with Chrome. Check plugins, see if there is more than one entry for flash...

#143 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:45

The funny thing is that only Google's websites won't load at start (sometimes, not always). Pin a few tabs with other websites and try it. I'm speaking about Chrome Beta, haven't tried other versions.

#144 revanmj

revanmj

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 06 August 2012 - 17:27

I installed the leaked RTM version on my MacBook Pro and I still get random freezes. Now I wonder if this is problem with OS itself or Boot Camp 4.0 drivers having some compatibility issues with Windows 8 :/ (and BTW, this is why there should be a trial version, I don't to find out that OS have some problems on my computer after I bought it)

#145 redsky11

redsky11

Neowinian

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:17

I installed the leaked RTM version on my MacBook Pro and I still get random freezes. Now I wonder if this is problem with OS itself or Boot Camp 4.0 drivers having some compatibility issues with Windows 8 :/ (and BTW, this is why there should be a trial version, I don't to find out that OS have some problems on my computer after I bought it)

Same here on my MacBook Pro mid2009, freezes are definitely not gone even without installing bootcamp. At this point I believe it has to do with drivers because I remember that Microsoft fixed these problems with an update which is included in the RTM (and If I do remember well it was even released for Release Preview at some point). It's very annoying

#146 paperless

paperless

yipee

Posted 07 August 2012 - 20:30

I also have Windows 8 on my MacBook Pro and it works wonderfully...when it's not freezing, I managed to get the trackpad etc. working. They seem to happen most often when I'm wandering around metro so I'm tending towards something related to the graphics drivers.

I tried the Hyper-V trick but it didnt work. Now I'm trying the driver downloaded directly from nvidia's website, let's see...

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. I wonder if it has anything to do with overheating? I did run Skyrim under Windows 7 before and it didn't freeze, though :(

#147 redsky11

redsky11

Neowinian

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:24

This command with cmd run by administrator apparently solved the problem on my macbook pro:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

give it a try!

#148 paperless

paperless

yipee

Posted 12 August 2012 - 14:21

This command with cmd run by administrator apparently solved the problem on my macbook pro:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

give it a try!

Mine's also a mid 2009 MBP, like yours. Wish me luck.

#149 paperless

paperless

yipee

Posted 12 August 2012 - 22:59

For some reason I'm not given the option to edit the previous post but I wanted to let you know that it worked. No more freezes here!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!