• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#16 Harrison H.

Harrison H.

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:55

Same issue here on my custom built desktop and my MacBook Pro 2011. Using Chrome and Opera seems to cause the issue to happen more frequently than with Firefox and IE.

#17 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:25

Hrmmm, it hasn't happened since I turned off the green Ethernet **** on my NIC, but if it crashes again I'll send raf a dump, may even leave it on his porch :laugh:

#18 dub40

dub40

Neowinian

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:39

I am also experiencing the same issue with an HP probook 4350s. Now that you guys mention it, it does seem to happen when I am browsing with chrome. I'm using IE 10 for a while to see if this helps.

Chris123NT, what is this "green Ethernet" setting you speak of on your NIC? Is it some sort of power saving feature?

#19 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 23

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:51

I've seen this on my laptop, and the only events that are logged at the same time are related to error reporting.

#20 GJVC

GJVC

Neowinian

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:13

I too have this problem, a few times every day everything just starts freezing up and I'm forced to shut off my laptop using the powerbutton.
If it is any help, in the event viewer I see a lot of errors with this message:

"The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39}"

#21 Depicus

Depicus

depicus.com

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 06 June 2012 - 13:16

Getting this a lot on a workstation, downloads seem to freeze it solid, no CAD no nothing, have to power off with the button. This is using IE but have Chrome installed. Joined to a domain.

#22 Sulphy

Sulphy

Sulphurious

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android - HTC ONE M8

Posted 06 June 2012 - 13:37

I can also report the same issue, i suspected Nvidia drivers, as my lockups happen when multimedia or a game is running... but very random though! first lockup happened after 5 hours of Diablo3 .... then more frequent after that. Was running pretty well for a couple of days before the lockups started. Got irritated and went back to Win7 .... once Nvidia releases new drivers, ill be having another go!

#23 LightShadow

LightShadow

>Metro<

Posted 06 June 2012 - 18:10

I can also report the same issue, i suspected Nvidia drivers, as my lockups happen when multimedia or a game is running... but very random though! first lockup happened after 5 hours of Diablo3 .... then more frequent after that. Was running pretty well for a couple of days before the lockups started. Got irritated and went back to Win7 .... once Nvidia releases new drivers, ill be having another go!

From the amount of people with this problem (including me) I doubt it's Nvidia drivers. As I don't have Nvidia on mine.

#24 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:20

I am also experiencing the same issue with an HP probook 4350s. Now that you guys mention it, it does seem to happen when I am browsing with chrome. I'm using IE 10 for a while to see if this helps.

Chris123NT, what is this "green Ethernet" setting you speak of on your NIC? Is it some sort of power saving feature?

Go to Device manager, expand the network adapters category, right click your nic and go to properties, under the advanced tab look for something that says either "Green Ethernet" or "Energy Efficient Ethernet". Set it to disabled and apply it.

3 days and 12 hours since I changed that setting and still no freezes *knocks wood*

#25 dub40

dub40

Neowinian

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:12

Go to Device manager, expand the network adapters category, right click your nic and go to properties, under the advanced tab look for something that says either "Green Ethernet" or "Energy Efficient Ethernet". Set it to disabled and apply it.

3 days and 12 hours since I changed that setting and still no freezes *knocks wood*

Thanks for the input Chris. I didn't see that particular setting for my NIC, but I did see an option for the computer to disable the device to save power. I'll try that setting to see if it makes a difference.

#26 JOHW

JOHW

Neowinian

Posted 07 June 2012 - 19:31

Seeing this happen on my i5 2500K too. It doesn't happen on a Core Duo SU9600 laptop at all though.

#27 Qin-Root

Qin-Root

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 07 June 2012 - 22:07

I have freezes while using Chrome and Firefox too.
I think it's not related to the graphics driver because AMD and Nvidia Users have these issues.
Do you have an Intel Sandy Bridge Processor? (Core-i3/i5/i7)
In any user report regarding this freezes which I read till now, the system has one of these processors or relating chipsets inside.

So I think this problem is probably related to some Intel drivers.

#28 Depicus

Depicus

depicus.com

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:22

I have freezes while using Chrome and Firefox too.
I think it's not related to the graphics driver because AMD and Nvidia Users have these issues.
Do you have an Intel Sandy Bridge Processor? (Core-i3/i5/i7)
In any user report regarding this freezes which I read till now, the system has one of these processors or relating chipsets inside.

So I think this problem is probably related to some Intel drivers.

My lockups are on a Mac mini with a Core Duo so not i3-5-7.

#29 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

• Phone: Green Lumia 930

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:01

I would expect a faster response from MS (or Intel or whoever). This is a critical bug and needs to be patched ASAP.

#30 Kishan Bagaria

Kishan Bagaria

Developer

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:49

Also happens while using Chrome on my desktop with i5 2500k, no graphics card and Realtek 8111E 1 Gigabit LAN Controller. I tried installing the latest Windows 7 drivers from Realtek but no effect.