Halo 4 coming for PC?

This just got my attention on the official Halo 4 page.

On the bottom of the page is one line saying you need Xbox Live Gold membership to play online which is obvious as we all know but the follow-up in the line got my eyes.

*Online multiplayer and Spartan Ops missions require Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately). System requirements forthcoming.

Now why would a console game need a system requirement? In every console is the same hardware except in a PC. So this says for me they mean the requirements for PC will come up soon. Probably today at E3..

• Like 1

Microsoft could put Halo 4 out for Windows 8 to help highlight the new Xbox Live features.

Or maybe it's just referring to something like Halo Waypoint

• Like 2

As much as I'd love it, I highly doubt they'd release Halo 4 on PC. It's more likely that Halo 4 will require a hard drive for some of its features (vs. flash storage).

This is taken from the Microsoft webpage for Halo: Reach:

An Xbox 360 Hard Drive is required for these Halo Reach game features: Networked Co-op Campaign Play, Networked Firefight, Saved Films, File Storage. (The Xbox 360 4 GB and Xbox 360 Arcade console have internal flash memory- not hard drives.)

http://marketplace.x...15-d8024d53085b

If it is released on PC, I wouldn't pick it up anyways. It would be a similar situation to the Fable series. You have the first and third Fable, but no second; quite annoying. Assuming continuity, there's a nice big chunk of story missing.

• Like 2

Would be nice. Been awhile since I got to play any of the Halo games. Was thinking recently about them but I'm not really interested in picking up an xbox to do so. Halo 4 on PC would be pretty awesome tbh.

This just got my attention on the official Halo 4 page.

On the bottom of the page is one line saying you need Xbox Live Gold membership to play online which is obvious as we all know but the follow-up in the line got my eyes.

Now why would a console game need a system requirement? In every console is the same hardware except in a PC. So this says for me they mean the requirements for PC will come up soon. Probably today at E3..

No, don't get your hopes up. That probably means requirement of HDD, free space (Spartan Ops is free DLC), internet connection etc.

They probably mean things like hard drive requirements, controllers, etc. All Xbox games have things like that listed on the back in green and orange.

I really hope it comes to the PC in a few years, though.

If it is released on PC, I wouldn't pick it up anyways. It would be a similar situation to the Fable series. You have the first and third Fable, but no second; quite annoying. Assuming continuity, there's a nice big chunk of story missing.

For Fable , i would rather believe the sequals never existed

Fable 2 is (N)

Fable 3 is piece of junk *mad*

As much as I want it to come, i doubt it will... atleast not at launch. They are yet to release Halo 3 for PC. I would love if eventually all Halo games make it to the PC. Even if it is after 1 or 2 years.

Never happen. Microsoft has pretty much abandoned the PC as a gaming platform.

They did that years ago, even when they said they didn't. I find it amazing that Windows is such a huge part of Microsoft's income yearly and yet they treat PC gaming as some sort of third world segment that doesn't exist at all.

• 2 weeks later...

They should've released all the Halo games to PC as well, it'd make them more money!

• 3 months later...

Y NO PC LOVE?! :D C'mon MS, do something right....

It's well known that the Halo franchise is console-only (excluding Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, both of which had PC versions).

I'll close this thread to prevent any further confusion. Halo 4 is exclusive to the Xbox 360.

Closed