Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Halo 4 coming for PC?

Question

Posted

This just got my attention on the [url="http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919"]official Halo 4 page[/url].

On the bottom of the page is one line saying you need Xbox Live Gold membership to play online which is obvious as we all know but the follow-up in the line got my eyes.

[quote]
*Online multiplayer and Spartan Ops missions require Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately). [b]System requirements forthcoming.[/b]
[/quote]

Now why would a console game need a system requirement? In every console is the same hardware except in a PC. So this says for me they mean the requirements for PC will come up soon. Probably today at E3..
1 person likes this

24 answers to this question

Posted

There MAY be some way to play with Windows 8. But I'm sure its just a typo.

Posted

Microsoft could put Halo 4 out for Windows 8 to help highlight the new Xbox Live features.
Or maybe it's just referring to something like Halo Waypoint
2 people like this

Posted

As much as I'd love it, I highly doubt they'd release Halo 4 on PC. It's more likely that Halo 4 will require a hard drive for some of its features (vs. flash storage).

This is taken from the Microsoft webpage for Halo: Reach:
[quote]
[i]An Xbox 360 Hard Drive is required for these Halo Reach game features: Networked Co-op Campaign Play, Networked Firefight, Saved Films, File Storage. (The Xbox 360 4 GB and Xbox 360 Arcade console have internal flash memory- not hard drives.)[/i]
[/quote]
[url="http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-Reach/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d53085b"]http://marketplace.x...15-d8024d53085b[/url]

Posted

If it is released on PC, I wouldn't pick it up anyways. It would be a similar situation to the Fable series. You have the first and third Fable, but no second; quite annoying. Assuming continuity, there's a nice big chunk of story missing.
2 people like this

Posted

Would be nice. Been awhile since I got to play any of the Halo games. Was thinking recently about them but I'm not really interested in picking up an xbox to do so. Halo 4 on PC would be pretty awesome tbh.

Posted

It might require a minimum install space, which would rule out models like the old X360 Arcade.

Posted

We need Halo 3 first!
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='King Mustard' timestamp='1338845572' post='594910295']
We need Halo 3 first!
[/quote]

This.

Posted

[quote name='Niekess' timestamp='1338796320' post='594908431']
This just got my attention on the [url="http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919"]official Halo 4 page[/url].

On the bottom of the page is one line saying you need Xbox Live Gold membership to play online which is obvious as we all know but the follow-up in the line got my eyes.

Now why would a console game need a system requirement? In every console is the same hardware except in a PC. So this says for me they mean the requirements for PC will come up soon. Probably today at E3..
[/quote]
No, don't get your hopes up. That probably means requirement of HDD, free space (Spartan Ops is free DLC), internet connection etc.

Posted

If it came out on the PC, I would cry. I would play it as much as I played the original Halo on the PC, a lot. :D
1 person likes this

Posted

They probably mean things like hard drive requirements, controllers, etc. All Xbox games have things like that listed on the back in green and orange.

I really hope it comes to the PC in a few years, though.

Posted

Better nerf Irelia.

Posted

[quote name='Subhadip' timestamp='1338802045' post='594908517']
It might require a minimum install space, which would rule out models like the old X360 Arcade.
[/quote]
This.

Posted

[quote name='nvllsvm' timestamp='1338797799' post='594908457']
If it is released on PC, I wouldn't pick it up anyways. It would be a similar situation to the Fable series. You have the first and third Fable, but no second; quite annoying. Assuming continuity, there's a nice big chunk of story missing.
[/quote]

For Fable , i would rather believe the sequals never existed

Fable 2 is (N)

Fable 3 is piece of junk *mad*

Posted

Yeah, it's not coming out on PC. Sorry guys. :p

Posted

that would be great, though i do not think it will be released on pc due to the last 3 being xbox evclusive.

Posted

I got excited for a split second there.

Posted

As much as I want it to come, i doubt it will... atleast not at launch. They are yet to release Halo 3 for PC. I would love if eventually all Halo games make it to the PC. Even if it is after 1 or 2 years.

Posted

Never happen. Microsoft has pretty much abandoned the PC as a gaming platform.

Posted

[quote name='nytiger73' timestamp='1339452843' post='594926415']
Never happen. Microsoft has pretty much abandoned the PC as a gaming platform.
[/quote]

They did that years ago, even when they said they didn't. I find it amazing that Windows is such a huge part of Microsoft's income yearly and yet they treat PC gaming as some sort of third world segment that doesn't exist at all.
1 person likes this

Posted

Halo 4 come to PC...

[img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder.jpg[/img]

Posted

They should've released all the Halo games to PC as well, it'd make them more money!

Posted

Y NO PC LOVE?! :D C'mon MS, do something right....

Posted

[quote name='- Kaboose -' timestamp='1349555170' post='595230399']
Y NO PC LOVE?! :D C'mon MS, do something right....
[/quote]
It's well known that the Halo franchise is console-only (excluding Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, both of which had PC versions).

I'll close this thread to prevent any further confusion. Halo 4 is exclusive to the Xbox 360.

[i]Closed[/i]