AT&T Lumia 900 gets firmware update.

900%20firmware.jpg

Good news for those on AT&T with the Lumia 900, Nokia in conjunction with Microsoft are now pushing out a firmware update to fix numerous lingering issues with the premier phone.

Nokia%20Firmare.PNG

The following are the main changes:

Fixes purple display issue - In short, when the screen would dim down to "low" greys would become purple across the whole display, including on graphics and photos

Proximity sensor - minor adjustments to the sensitivity of the proximity sensor should make phone calls more pleasant when the user puts the phone to their face

Others - We're still getting details but there are also a multitude of other smaller fixes that will greatly enhance the user experience

The update went live 10 am PDT and users should be able to plug their devices into their computers (Desktop Zune) and pick up the new firmware. Note, this is NOT an OS upgrade and it does not contain "Tango"--this is simply a maintenance release for firmware.

http://www.wpcentral.com/breaking-att-lumia-900-gets-firmware-update-fixes-display-issue-and-more

I had returned my Lumia 900 in part because of the purple screen as Nokia would not commit to whether it was a hardware or software issue at that time and my 30 days for return were running down. Also had an issue with capacitive buttons either not working or being pressed at random whenever sound was coming from the speaker. Both issues killed it for me.

Other than that it was a great phone - the OS is very fast and I love Zune Pass!

The HTC One X that I went with in the end is really really really good though - so in a way I'm glad it did not work out with the Lumia :)