Wii U details - Infographic

Last I checked, they didn't put out a price point yet...

Exactly and it's Nintendo, I'm sure people will be surprised at the price of the console, it's probably cheaper than you think.

Final nail in Nintendos coffin, I say.

I wasn't aware Nintendo was in a coffin. Struggling in some areas, sure, but I don't think anyone is writing up a eulogy.

I wasn't aware Nintendo was in a coffin. Struggling in some areas, sure, but I don't think anyone is writing up a eulogy.

If I recall correctly, they have enough money to continue making consoles that flop until I'm an old man...

If I recall correctly, they have enough money to continue making consoles that flop until I'm an old man...

Nintendo makes a decision that isn't universally agreed upon = Nintendo's dead.

So true, or it could just be people putting there feet in there mouths as usual and spouting nonsense without thought.....

Backwards compatibly with Wii games (not GameCube), PS3/Xbox360 level graphics...

I can use my Wii Balance board, and wii remoted w/ new system (plus all my Wii games)...

I'm going to probably buy at launch or shortly after as long as it's not too expensive.

Same situation about the originally Wii - No HD graphics, no DVD playback as example (yet in terms of sales, they won this console cycle)?

I'm not going to say there going to win the next console war, but nor will I say there dead in the water, only time and market will tell.

I've got a Wii, an Xbox 360 and a PS3 here. True, the Wii is the one I use less, but they all have good games. For me, Xbox and PS3 = hardcore games and Wii = casual gaming, but to be honest I'm pretty sure there's more casual gamer than harcore in this world :)

Also, Nintendo is the only company that made money from day one with their console, I'm not worried about their bank account!

Last I checked, they didn't put out a price point yet...

They said that it will cost at least $250, possibly more as they don't intend on making a loss on each console sold like Microsoft/Sony did.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was $299 and the gamepad $100-125.

They said that it will cost at least $250, possibly more as they don't intend on making a loss on each console sold like Microsoft/Sony did.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was $299 and the gamepad $100-125.

Ok they already stated the Gamepad comes with every Wii U as it is the main Gamepad for the unit and that ther would be no option to buy one separate they made that clear @ E3 if i am not mistaken so if it is $$250 or 299 it is the console and Gamepad for one price How dumb would it be if all ya got was the Console and no type or form of Controller specialy for the ones who are going Nintendo for the first time in along time who dont have any other compatible controllers at home .

I doubt I'll buy one at launch. I usually like to let a few months go by and see people's reaction to the system and find out if there are any hardware issues.

Ok they already stated the Gamepad comes with every Wii U as it is the main Gamepad for the unit and that ther would be no option to buy one separate they made that clear @ E3 if i am not mistaken so if it is $$250 or 299 it is the console and Gamepad for one price How dumb would it be if all ya got was the Console and no type or form of Controller specialy for the ones who are going Nintendo for the first time in along time who dont have any other compatible controllers at home .

I never said you wouldn't get one with it, I was just estimating the price because the console supports two of them.

Another underpowered Nintendo console. The problem this time around is that the Wii U just hasn't got the same accessibility that made the Wii a huge success. It was fun trying to convince parents and grandparents to try out Wii Bowling - even then it was sometimes a challenge trying to teach them. I just can't imagine older parents or grandparents wanting to try out the Wii U.

Everything depends upon the price. However, while I'm sure it will be popular with young children I just don't see it being a credible alternative to the likes of Microsoft or Sony.

Final nail in Nintendos coffin, I say.

Not sure you realise this, but Nintendo have sold almost twice the number of consoles that Microsoft have sold in this current generation lol. They've also made more profit per machine since day one than any other manufacturer of consoles. If you think Nintendo is in a coffin, you're literally dropping that from your backside :D

Another underpowered Nintendo console.

Looks plenty powerful enough for me. You're probably one of the guys who ranted on about how awesome the FMV was in PS One games .... graphics don't have to be realistic all the time. The titles that Wii U has been shown with so far look beautiful. Rayman for instance is hands down the most beautiful video game I have ever seen in my life. It's full of superb artistry, deep imagination, and superbly smooth painted 3-dimensional environments. I can assure you, no amount of processing power can make that better than a great art team can. The tech in the background clearly doesn't need a 12 core beast with 16gb Ram. That's a prime example of a game with graphics that can shut up silly little comments like "it's not powerful enough".

Not sure you realise this, but Nintendo have sold almost twice the number of consoles that Microsoft have sold in this current generation lol. They've also made more profit per machine since day one than any other manufacturer of consoles. If you think Nintendo is in a coffin, you're literally dropping that from your backside :D

Yeah but Nintendo posted their first annual loss of $460million. The Wii is losing steam and the Wii U is going to cost at least $250, I think Nintendo are in real trouble by 2013 the next-gen consoles will be announced and it leaves the Wii U looking relative to how the Wii looked compared to PS3/360.

I have no interest in the Wii. But it's far from a business flop. Nintendo sold lot of it and it's damn cheap to make unlike the XBox 360 and PS3. Nintendo still sells lot of first party titles.

Yeah but Nintendo posted their first annual loss of $460million. The Wii is losing steam and the Wii U is going to cost at least $250, I think Nintendo are in real trouble by 2013 the next-gen consoles will be announced and it leaves the Wii U looking relative to how the Wii looked compared to PS3/360.

It's actually a 500 millions something lost i think. But it's less than Nintendo expected. I think Nintendo expected close to 800 millions lost somewhere in january. So things might be going better lately. Nintendo is still far away from the coffin. it is defintately not on the road to success though. But it will take more time. Nintendo could very well do like Apple did.