Rodney King, L.A. police 1990s beating victim, dies

police beating los angeles riots

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:09

This is news Why? Millions die every day that led a better life on this planet.

#17 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

• 6,006 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:10

This is news Why? Millions die every day that led a better life on this planet.

Because he is/was in the public eye, and when you die you get a little mention.

As has already been previously stated.

#18 blade1269

blade1269

Jesus Saved me! A Christian!

• 1,721 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:13

Perhaps at the time, but in all the interview's since he doesn't strike me as a drug addicted criminal.

What happened with this guy changed the country, and whether anybody likes him or not, his existence really should be respected.

RIP...

But

Yeah gave people a reason to let people riot and get free stuff. You never hear anything about that truck driver that got beat ( by 6 black guys) and almost died.

#19 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:25

Because he is/was in the public eye, and when you die you get a little mention.

As has already been previously stated.

A guy was killed by the police the other day for eating someone's face off. Where is his glory Day?

#20 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

• 6,006 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:39

A guy was killed by the police the other day for eating someone's face off. Where is his glory Day?

I think if you don't know his name, he's not well known enough for a mention :)

#21 dr_crabman

dr_crabman

Neowinian

• 564 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:42

You never hear anything about that truck driver that got beat ( by 6 black guys) and almost died.

Here you go: http://www.time.com/...1614511,00.html "Denny largely avoids the media and rarely speaks about his ordeal."

#22 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,307 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:46

Let me guess, you're white, under 24, and live in either south US or the east coast. Am I right?

SOOOO wrong it's not even funny
40yo Puerto Rican

As for King, after gaining popularity all he did was get arrested a few more times and do jail time for drugs, the same thing that got him in the news to start with, he blew THE chance of a lifetime to waste away doing drugs, will not be surprised at all when the autopsy results come back and say he was high as a kite, again, when he died

#23 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:48

Yeah gave people a reason to let people riot and get free stuff.

That wasn't his intention. But i'm sure you know that. I think. Hope.

#24 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 21,048 posts
  • Phone: An awesome Moto X for $150 off contract.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:49

SOOOO wrong it's not even funny
40yo Puerto Rican

On further inspection: Location: Waterbury CT

#25 NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• 3,078 posts
  • Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 17 June 2012 - 19:59

And since no one has really seemed to point this out just like the stupid Zimmerman case, what if it was a white guy beaten by black cops and the jury was mostly black? What then? Would it have even made the news back then? Did what happen warrant a full on riot in LA?

You never hear anything about that truck driver that got beat ( by 6 black guys) and almost died.

True, and I have seen that video several times... Just goes to show how screwed up and ignorant the majority of this country is.

#26 Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk

Neowinian Senior

• 1,582 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 20:05

RIP...

But

Yeah gave people a reason to let people riot and get free stuff. You never hear anything about that truck driver that got beat ( by 6 black guys) and almost died.

He didn't start the riots, and I'm not praising the riots as being a good thing at all either. But you cannot ignore that what happened because of this event and because of the riots truly revolutionized many areas of society in which we consider normal now. Can you believe that it was only 20 years ago that a black man was afraid of getting pulled over because he'd be beaten and tortured to death? That happened, and this ****ed off enough people to demand change.

#27 matt4pack

matt4pack

Neowinian

• 787 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 20:29

Demand change? A white guy was beaten to death by a hispanic cop recently in your state and it hardly made anything but the local news but of course it wasn't white on black so who cares if you can't play the race card.

#28 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 20:29

I think if you don't know his name, he's not well known enough for a mention :)

Yes you are right he is not a famous celebrity like Rodney King. :rolleyes:

#29 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 20:34

He didn't start the riots, and I'm not praising the riots as being a good thing at all either. But you cannot ignore that what happened because of this event and because of the riots truly revolutionized many areas of society in which we consider normal now. Can you believe that it was only 20 years ago that a black man was afraid of getting pulled over because he'd be beaten and tortured to death? That happened, and this ****ed off enough people to demand change.

This is a bunch a hogwash. Martin Luther King (no relation) was murdered in the 60's and he did bring freedom to Black people but the problem is that you want change in a flash of a second. Did you ever stop and think that Black peoples relatives in Africa are to this day selling their own people into slavery as they did 300 years ago? So what have they learned? Nothing!

#30 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

• 6,006 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 20:46

Yes you are right he is not a famous celebrity like Rodney King. :rolleyes:

Cool, glad we agree :)