Monsters University (2013)

• 1 month later...

360901391.jpg

Here is the preliminary synopsis:

?Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan are an inseparable pair, but that wasn?t always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn?t stand each other. Monsters University unlocks the door to how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.?

blech more sequels.... we need more originals...

When the original is so great, everyone wants a sequel/spin-off.

I'd rather see a sequel to The Incredibles first.

And yet, the sequels always sell better than the original properties. And when people fall in love with characters, they want to see them again. We will get an Incredibles sequel and a Wall-E sequel before too long as well.

stupid idea... like we care about that.... they could have picked a better story....

And yet, the sequels always sell better than the original properties. And when people fall in love with characters, they want to see them again. We will get an Incredibles sequel and a Wall-E sequel before too long as well.

wouldn't be surprised

• 1 year later...

Looks interesting! I might end up taking my daughter to see that, considering the last film we watched in the theater was Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill, I think I owe her this one! :D

I remember coming across a list sometime in 2007 or 2008 that listed all the Pixar movies coming out, new properties as well as sequels. I wish I still could find that list. MI2 was on the list.

I remember coming across a list sometime in 2007 or 2008 that listed all the Pixar movies coming out, new properties as well as sequels. I wish I still could find that list. MI2 was on the list.

Here is the only info I could find on upcoming "unannounced" Pixar movies

The Good Dinosaur BV 5/30/14 The Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside the Mind BV 6/19/15 newt BV TBD The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dia De Los Muertos

Monsters University is an upcoming 2013 computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures, intended to be a prequel to the 2001 Pixar film Monsters, Inc. Dan Scanlon is the director and Kori Rae is the producer. John Goodman, Billy Crystal, and Steve Buscemi will reprise their roles from the first film. The film is set for release on June 21, 2013, and will mark the first prequel Pixar has ever produced.Set about ten years before the events of Monsters, Inc., James P. Sullivan and Mike Wazowski meet in college and plan to become scarers at Monsters, Inc.

Plans for a second Monsters, Inc. film have existed since 2005. Following disagreements between then-Disney CEO Michael Eisner and then-Pixar owner Steve Jobs, Disney (who at the time owned the rights to make sequels to all of Pixar's films up to Cars) announced that a sequel to Monsters, Inc. would be made by Circle 7 Animation. However, Disney's change of management in late 2005 (which saw Eisner replaced by his lieutenant Robert Iger) led to renewed negotiations with Pixar, and in early 2006 Disney announced that they had purchased the studio. The Disney-owned sequel rights were then transferred to Pixar, leading to the cancellation of Rob Muir and Bob Hilgenberg's version of the film and the subsequent closure of Circle 7. A Pixar-made sequel was confirmed in 2010. On April 5, 2011, it was announced that the film's release date would be June 21, 2013. It will be the studio's fourteenth feature film.

From Wikipedia

Really can't wait for this, Monsters Inc was one of my favourite movies as a kid and still is!

Still think they're going to ruin the first one.

It had a perfect story, a perfect ending... just hoping it isn't ruined. Cash cow still rings in my ears though.

Still think they're going to ruin the first one.

It had a perfect story, a perfect ending... just hoping it isn't ruined. Cash cow still rings in my ears though.

The only negative product I have seen from Pixar was Cars 2, which was missing the heart and soul that all of their other movies had. Cash cow? Hardly. Cars 2 aside, Pixar has been delivering solid, quality movies.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yey!!! Looks pretty fun. Very different vibe so far than Monsters Inc... but I like it.