ASUS Transformer TF101 Firmware Update 9.2.1.27

Firmware Update 9.2.1.27 WW (Maybe more firmware's available I am on WW and it is available)

Anyone else got a TF101 ?

I'm just installing this firmware update now, wonder if they have finally fixed the random reboots and sleep of death bugs that have paper weighted our tablets for over 6 months

Well it only took until just this second for the exact same bug that they have been "fixing" since January to happen yet again

I have lost count of the number of updates they have sent out to fix the SoD and RR problem and none of them worked, in fact most of them either broke something else or made the problem worse

How can they not know that what they are sending out fixes nothing ?

Obviously not testing the updates whatsoever considering the majority of owners on XDA experience the exact same issues

Also lying about their customers with problems statistics as their poll on FB showed that their claims that 0.001% of customer affected was actually around 95% still experiencing RRs and SoDs

An utterly pathetic, incompetent company who I will never buy from again, ever.

I'm just installing this firmware update now, wonder if they have finally fixed the random reboots and sleep of death bugs that have paper weighted our tablets for over 6 months

I never had one of these issues and have had my transformer for about a year. Yea, its rooted but when I was still on stock...I had no problems.

I never had one of these issues and have had my transformer for about a year. Yea, its rooted but when I was still on stock...I had no problems.

Honeycomb was solid, the problems started with ICS and continue to this day, the improvements with ICS are good enough for me to not want to go back to HC, but I shouldn't be having to think about things like that, especially for a ?500 device, I had less problems with a ?100 scroll tablet

Honeycomb was solid, the problems started with ICS and continue to this day

Been using ICS for a while when it was on stock as well. Didnt have any of those issues. Guess I am one of the lucky ones. Hope they get it fixed tho!

Been using ICS for a while when it was on stock as well. Didnt have any of those issues. Guess I am one of the lucky ones. Hope they get it fixed tho!

You must be the 5%, although I can not work out why anyone would have a different experience if they are running the same kernel and firmware on the same device, and it is not limited to certain hardware revisions either

There must be a handful of people who are doing something different to the rest of us, like not having the same combination of settings enabled or have never ran a stock app that is buggy

No idea, pleased your not having problems, I have gotten to the point where if there was an ASUS building within a 10 mile radius I would have been arrested by now

6 months of waking up to find it stuck on the boot logo hot as hell having managed to drain the dock and the tablet battery overnight

6 months of being in the middle of using it and it reboots

6 months of pressing an icon on the home screen and the launcher crashes leaving invisible icons

6 months of flicking the screen off and then finding it won't come back on without resetting the whole tablet

6 months of updates that made all audio so low you could barely hear it with your ear to the speaker

6 months of updates that made videos 1/4 brightness so you couldn't see them

Having to replace the speakers myself because one was DOA and no way would I send it for repair after hearing what condition they come back in with a message blaming the customer for damage

The list is endless

^^ That there is why I know ASUS do 0% QC or testing

I've had mine for about a year too and for 6 months of that I haven't been able to use it without wanting to smash it, or wondering how much longer the batteries are going to take this punishment, or the rest of the hardware sayings it must be on 100% CPU all night to drain 2 batteries that under normal use will last a good couple days +

6 months of waking up to find it stuck on the boot logo hot as hell having managed to drain the dock and the tablet battery overnight

6 months of being in the middle of using it and it reboots

6 months of pressing an icon on the home screen and the launcher crashes leaving invisible icons

6 months of flicking the screen off and then finding it won't come back on without resetting the whole tablet

The list is endless

Ouch dude. I would of set the thing back to factory defaults and sold it by now.

Ouch dude. I would of set the thing back to factory defaults and sold it by now.

I added a few more that many people including myself had to put up with this year from asus.

I would sell it but I would have nothing but problems from whoever I sold it to, and I can't RMA because I had to open it myself to repair the speakers

Its a harsh lesson learned and not something I will repeat, asus has had a lot of my money over the years, no more.

I've been happily using mine without a hitch for nearly a year. I use it every day for hours, and my Wife uses it for uni every monday. I had a small issue with the charger (not the tablet), but a quick google search showed me to lift the prongs up and the problem went away!

Good luck with your tablet.

I've been happily using mine without a hitch for nearly a year. I use it every day for hours, and my Wife uses it for uni every monday. I had a small issue with the charger (not the tablet), but a quick google search showed me to lift the prongs up and the problem went away!

Good luck with your tablet.

Do you leave it powered on overnight in sleepmode too ? (Battery only, seems to be the quickest way to make it crash))

I've given up on it now I think, I don't think asus has the skill to fix whatever is wrong. Devs on XDA dismantle the updates and post that asus are just hacking the code to try and plug the bug, beta testers reporting logcat logs explaining the exact issues and how to fix them, beta updates are sent to testers who report them not to fix the problems and ASUS just sent them out to everyone regardless

Do you leave it powered on overnight in sleepmode too ? (Battery only, seems to be the quickest way to make it crash))

I've given up on it now I think, I don't think asus has the skill to fix whatever is wrong. Devs on XDA dismantle the updates and post that asus are just hacking the code to try and plug the bug, beta testers reporting logcat logs explaining the exact issues and how to fix them, beta updates are sent to testers who report them not to fix the problems and ASUS just sent them out to everyone regardless

I do yes, every night we watch movies on it through the network and it just puts itself into sleep after the movie is done, sometimes we have it plugged in when we do this, sometimes we don't. Since the battery last forever on the thing a lot of the time it's running solely off of it.

I do yes, every night we watch movies on it through the network and it just puts itself into sleep after the movie is done, sometimes we have it plugged in when we do this, sometimes we don't. Since the battery last forever on the thing a lot of the time it's running solely off of it.

I can't work it out, you've probably seen the different TF forums, XDA etc with all the complaints about the rebooting, and ASUS' own FB was flooded with them to the point that ASUS themselves made a poll about it that didn't end well for them

Why a few have no problems when many do .... weird and irritating, asus 'claimed' they could not replicate the problem too..

I can't work it out, you've probably seen the different TF forums, XDA etc with all the complaints about the rebooting, and ASUS' own FB was flooded with them to the point that ASUS themselves made a poll about it that didn't end well for them

Why a few have no problems when many do .... weird and irritating, asus 'claimed' they could not replicate the problem too..

I have not seen those forums no.

The thing you have to realize about technical support forums is quite often the only people using them are using them because they have a problem. It shouldn't be used as a sample as to how many issues a certain device has. I'm sure there are WAY more people who don't visit those forums who has a perfectly functional TF101.

If it's just a normal Forum, than I suppose that looks pretty bad. Still though, no problems here to report. I love my tablet, have you considered getting the newer model? How crappy is yours? is it decent enough to try to sell on ebay or something?

I would sell it but I would have nothing but problems from whoever I sold it to, and I can't RMA because I had to open it myself to repair the speakers

I would just toss back on HC then until ICS is fixed. Does this happen on stock only, or have you tried other roms?

The thing you have to realize about technical support forums is quite often the only people using them are using them because they have a problem. It shouldn't be used as a sample as to how many issues a certain device has. I'm sure there are WAY more people who don't visit those forums who has a perfectly functional TF101.

XDA is more than a technical forum. Its a modding forum, apps, and technical stuff. If you have not been to XDA, then I would check it out.

And now that I think about it, I dont think I ever used stock ICS on the transformer. I think I upgraded to ICS via a leaked copy. Currently using AOKP Build 40 with no issues tho. Maybe try rooting your tab?

If it's just a normal Forum, than I suppose that looks pretty bad. Still though, no problems here to report. I love my tablet, have you considered getting the newer model? How crappy is yours? is it decent enough to try to sell on ebay or something?

The tablet itself is great, its the OS that's the problem, Honeycomb was fine but I wouldn't go back to it, ICS has too many improvements over HC despite its bugs

If you check ASUS.UK facebook page, there is a poll that was made for the .21 update, the poll asks if people are still experiencing the Random Reboots after this update

Now remember ASUS claimed that the issue effected only a tiny number of people, and facebook is not a tech support forum, they claimed something like 0.001% or something equally as tiny

The poll stands at

Yes I still have reboots: 504 votes

No they are fixed: 71 votes

My calculator says that is a little over 0.001%

I would just toss back on HC then until ICS is fixed. Does this happen on stock only, or have you tried other roms?

It happens on stock and custom apparently, I haven't bothered with custom ROMs for a while, didn't find them any better than stock and most had more problems than stock too

I think there are a couple of custom kernels that apparently don't reboot etc but there are still people saying they do, so I don't think anything will be different except I will have to spend hours setting up my homescreen again

XDA is more than a technical forum. Its a modding forum, apps, and technical stuff. If you have not been to XDA, then I would check it out.

And now that I think about it, I dont think I ever used stock ICS on the transformer. I think I upgraded to ICS via a leaked copy. Currently using AOKP Build 40 with no issues tho. Maybe try rooting your tab?

Ah, I had a look.

Seems mostly geared towards development on mobile platforms; not my thing. I already develop enough stuff for Windows/Linux for a living, when I get home the last thing I want to do is tinker with my phone/tablet if you know what I mean. Although I have done a couple mobile app wrappers, so this site may be useful in the future. So thank you.

Ah, I had a look.

Seems mostly geared towards development on mobile platforms; not my thing. I already develop enough stuff for Windows/Linux for a living, when I get home the last thing I want to do is tinker with my phone/tablet if you know what I mean. Although I have done a couple mobile app wrappers, so this site may be useful in the future. So thank you.

More than just development. Lots of help there for issues as well like you pointed out. Better for Android issues than Neowin. Not saying anything bad about Neowin, just there are more andorid users on XDA segmented per device.

It happens on stock and custom apparently, I haven't bothered with custom ROMs for a while, didn't find them any better than stock and most had more problems than stock too

I think there are a couple of custom kernels that apparently don't reboot etc but there are still people saying they do, so I don't think anything will be different except I will have to spend hours setting up my homescreen again

I edited my post....

I think I went to ICS from a leaked copy and never was on stock. I am using AOKP Build 40 and its stable and have not had one issue. May want to try that if you get to fed up.

I've had SOD and Reboot issues with some custom ROMs, but there is a few out there that run really well. The problem seems to be quite random. Different re-versions of the tablet seem to have the same issue but different ways of it happening. I know people who've had the tablet since launch and had zero issues, then some other people have had it with different re-versions and some other people getting it with different Roms. I don't think it's an easy fix.

I guess then I am another of those lucky TF101 users who has no problems whatsoever with the tablet. I've been using ICS since the release end of February and never experience lockups, reboots or anything alike so far. Not sure why some people are effected and others not but I'm really happy that I bought this tablet and I'm definitiely gonna keep for a long time.

I have the B5O TF & B5O dock since ics .24 the tab has been rock soild, I spen a lot of time on a TF forum and the chatter about SOD RB was huge until the .24 update. I just did the .27 yesterday an all is still good.

I went over 500 hours twice and finallt dii a manually cold boot each time due to all the updates, I jut wanted to clean out any nasties that might be lurking.

I don't know what you have tried but this procedure seems to help many BUT not all folks with these issues.

Do 3 factory resets

Do not allow the apps to automatically install

Run the TF with only stock apps for a few days to see if it's stable, if it is then procede wirh the next item.

Add them back in even amounts like 6,8, or 10 run the TF for whatever the normal time your TF fails

If no problems add back the next group

When you and if you get a problem remove the last apps you installed an install half to see if the TF is stable.

Countinue untill you make sure it is not an app causing the problem.

I know this is a lot of work but if it helps would it not be worth it for you to have stable device?

Good luck and I hope this helps you.

People have been resetting the thing since the first ICS update, I`m sick of setting it back up and I refuse to continue resetting my tablet because of a firmware bug, problem lies with asus, not with apps

If you have not tried this give it shot quick and painless after the .21 update I was having the same issues as everyone else. I saw a blurb in one the forums that said they went from a DHCP to a static IP and it solved their SOD RB. I did it and all though it did not completely solve my problems they happened less often. When I went to.24 I haven't had either since, same with .27.