• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:41

Alright, am I dreaming or is there an official thread for this game? I am sure I've seen one on the spybot in recent days, I would be pretty amazed if no gamers here are playing it....yet for the life of me I have searched the forums, I have looked in gaming and computer gaming, I've even tried to google search the forums and cannot find this damn thread!!!!

Can anyone point me to the the thread before I loose my mind?

#2 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:45

There was a Secret War thread that we talked about Secret World in, but no Secret World thread.

#3 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:44

too busy actually playing :)

#4 Phalesafe

Phalesafe

Mista Sparkelo™

Posted 07 July 2012 - 15:22

The official thread is controlled by the Illuminati. Nothing to see here. Move along.

#5 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:09

The official thread is controlled by the Illuminati. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Riiiight. Just like the rest of the universe according to you ******s ;)

#6 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:13

Actually, in all seriousness, I was wondering this to.

Is there an official thread, or does one need to be made.

I started playing last night, and looked for the thread. I was surprised the same as you that I could not find one. Honestly it is just a game to hold me over 'til GW2, but it is still a cool game nonetheless.

Where is the thread for this game?! :p

#7 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:05

Right here, apparently.

#8 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:09

I'm pretty sure these are set for everyone to see em, can't guarantee they'll stay that way forever though...

Don't want to document everything but I'll take a screenshot here and there.

https://www.facebook...49859390&type=1

#9 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:13

I'm getting a bit tired of MMO's but after SWTOR and especially the challenging missions in TSW I'm not on back to bog standard NCSOFT mass prodused MMO like GW2 with 3 different armor models and textures and olors the only difference, and all the women in armor bikinis.

i love the investigation missions in this game, even if some of them reuire you to read a Poe story or learn morse :) as well as the class less system, which i iike version 2 of the SWG skill system, or a simplified evolution of AO's system, which was way overomplicated and you needed the right formula anyway. This is what Rift tried to do, done right.

#10 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:33

What server y'all on? I'm on Grim.

#11 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:57

The "Secret War" thread is the Secret World thread. It looks like the War was a promotional prelude for the game. :)

#12 Slane

Slane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2012 - 13:54

I'm playing on Grim as templar. I really like the class less system and the fact that just by earning AP you can totally change how you play with different abilities for your same weapon or a different weapon all together. Also like how you can pick and choose any abilities together (passive's) to get a deck exactly how you like it.

#13 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2012 - 14:12

Meanwhile, TSW does have it, and I'll play that.

Honestly I don't really care about DX11 or not as long as the game doesn't look horrible. I can't run Tesselation and SSAO anyway, well I could probably have SSAO, but for now I just run medium with high textures.

#14 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2012 - 14:15

Yeah yeah, the standard lots of grass andglow and soften filters to make everythign look smooth and soft that we've seen in every asian fantasy themed NCSoft game since the start of time to make them appear to look good.

Anyway, back to TSW. Yeah I'm on Grim to, unfortunately the only server that gets broken quests it seems :) but they're working it out and the kingsmouth areas seem to be all worked out now. Right now I'm focusing on Mercenary deck, but I started out with blades so I have full inner ring on that as well and a lot of AR skills in the outer ring that's not part of the Merc deck :) but for the sake of efficiency in the instances I'll try to fill out the merc deck next now. then experiment a little, maybe slayer for the sword skills ad perhaps necromancer after that before I start experimenting.

Eventually I'll have to really start to understand and learn the complexities of he interdependency in combat between "classes" and skill to really take advantage and use the states.

I really like how complicated this game is, while simplifying stuff from other games that where to complex again. like the AO skill system.

1) It's not made by NCSoft.

2) It's not asian themed.

3) The GW2 engine is made by Anet and is used, solely, by Anet. It does not appear in any other game (save for it's predecessor, the engine used for GW1).

Anyway, onto TSW - I'm really looking forward to trying the necromancer. It will be interesting to see how that plays.

#15 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 08 July 2012 - 14:24

Anyway, back to TSW. Yeah I'm on Grim to, unfortunately the only server that gets broken quests it seems :) but they're working it out and the kingsmouth areas seem to be all worked out now.

I'm kind of wondering if Grim was the closed beta server, it had many of these issues. But it could just be player load for all I know.

Judging by the Testlive server patch notes (which I'm sure I'm not supposed to share) most things should be fixed on the first patch, whenever that is.