Woman Says She Was Raped by Strippers at Gay Club

ATLANTA ?- Atlanta police are investigating claims that a woman was raped by two dancers at a gay strip club.

The alleged incident happened last month in a VIP room at Swinging Richard?s on Northside Drive, according to a police report, but police moved in last week. An Atlanta police commander said the case is important to the department but acknowledged evidence should have been collected earlier.

?We wish we would?ve got it the very next day,? APD Major Crimes Commander Darryl Tolleson said.

Still, he told Channel 2?s Mark Winne that delays have not hurt the investigation.

Court records indicate a judge issued a search warrant for the club's address June 14, but a document dated 12 days later said it had not yet been executed. Tolleson said Atlanta police higher-ups told the detective who obtained the warrant not to serve it and that there were better ways to search for the evidence.

He said supervisors told the detective to obtain a court order, but a judge denied it. Then, the club voluntarily gave police access to what they wanted on July 3 and Tuesday.

Tolleson said some of what the original search warrant sought didn't exist and some was elsewhere, but because the alleged victim acknowledged an alcohol-impaired memory, the key evidence may turn out to be DNA, which could take months to process.

?We don?t want to send the message out that by you drinking, it?s your fault. It?s absolutely not,? Tolleson said.

Herb Schlanger, an attorney for Swinging Richard's, said the club has cooperated fully and has given police everything they've asked for.

He said no search warrant was needed, and he knows of nothing the club would not have provided a month ago. The club is also conducting its own investigation.

source

ATLANTA ?- Atlanta police are investigating claims that a woman was raped by two dancers at a gay strip club.

The alleged incident happened last month in a VIP room at Swinging Richard?s on Northside Drive, according to a police report, but police moved in last week. An Atlanta police commander said the case is important to the department but acknowledged evidence should have been collected earlier.

?We wish we would?ve got it the very next day,? APD Major Crimes Commander Darryl Tolleson said.

Still, he told Channel 2?s Mark Winne that delays have not hurt the investigation.

Court records indicate a judge issued a search warrant for the club's address June 14, but a document dated 12 days later said it had not yet been executed. Tolleson said Atlanta police higher-ups told the detective who obtained the warrant not to serve it and that there were better ways to search for the evidence.

He said supervisors told the detective to obtain a court order, but a judge denied it. Then, the club voluntarily gave police access to what they wanted on July 3 and Tuesday.

Tolleson said some of what the original search warrant sought didn't exist and some was elsewhere, but because the alleged victim acknowledged an alcohol-impaired memory, the key evidence may turn out to be DNA, which could take months to process.

?We don?t want to send the message out that by you drinking, it?s your fault. It?s absolutely not,? Tolleson said.

Herb Schlanger, an attorney for Swinging Richard's, said the club has cooperated fully and has given police everything they've asked for.

He said no search warrant was needed, and he knows of nothing the club would not have provided a month ago. The club is also conducting its own investigation.

source

Actually it is her fault. If she never had her judgement impaired she never would have been in that situation to begin with.

Actually it is her fault. If she never had her judgement impaired she never would have been in that situation to begin with.

I know right. Ladies you should know by now if you want to drink and go out it is your fault if you get raped. /redneck sarcasm

I know right. Ladies you should know by now if you want to drink and go out it is your fault if you get raped. /redneck sarcasm

No, but there is more to it than that..

It doesn't mean she deserved to be raped, but it does cast some doubt on what she said and whether she was indeed raped. Suffice to say "I was drunk" would be completely damning to the man on the receiving end of the rape allegation, and it's next to nothing on the other end.

• Like 2

Yea cause apparently a drunk woman can't legally consent to sex. But then it casts doubt on her judgment for having been at a gay bar.

But then it casts doubt on her judgment for having been at a gay bar.

Why? Lots of women go to gay bars to get away from being hit on at non-gay bars. It's quite a simple concept really.

So if a woman walks down a street on a bad side of town, it's her fault if she gets raped? Do you just completely rule out the personal responsibility of the people that are committing the rape? It's like the people that say "it's her fault because she was dressed like a slut". That's BS. It's the fault of the person that raped her, for raping her. Personal responsibility is a thing.

So if a woman walks down a street on a bad side of town, it's her fault if she gets raped? Do you just completely rule out the personal responsibility of the people that are committing the rape? It's like the people that say "it's her fault because she was dressed like a slut". That's BS. It's the fault of the person that raped her, for raping her. Personal responsibility is a thing.

no one ever feels pity when a guy is walking on the wrong part of town and gets his ass kicked. everyone starts questioning your reasoning for being there to begin with.

• Like 2

Hope the truth is found out, it's bull**** that Women seem to able to have sex, regret it the next day and then cry rape. "Oh I couldn't consent, I was drunk".

bull****. people know what they're doing when they're drunk, their inhibitions are just looser.

Also I feel that the line about Women being blamed for rape is wrong. But they should accept partial responsibility, getting blind drunk and collapsing into a coma at a part full of strangers is asking for trouble. It's like me leaving a shiny 32-inch LED HDTV on a window, with the window open in a rough area, yes the person who steals it will be punished, but the insurance company would laugh in my face when I said "Oh the door was unlocked, the window was wide open and I left it in plain sight."

does the gay bar lose cred. if the secret is out that the strippers are obviously not gay?

&

isn't kind of demeaning for straight woman to go an treat gay bars like some sort of hip/cool thing for woman.

on topic tho...she went into the VIP room with two men, things probably got hot and heavy and whether she consented (explicitly) or not (let it happen) she probably had sex with one if not two of them...

im sure she regretted it/or felt highly violated the next day, denied any possibility of agreeing to have sex with them (shes not that type of gal in her mind) and could only conclude she was raped...she may have been raped but its not the kidnap and forcibly have sex with you kind of rape (not that it makes it ok)

does the gay bar lose cred. if the secret is out that the strippers are obviously not gay?

You mean the strippers don't actually love me?! :cry:

Yea cause apparently a drunk woman can't legally consent to sex.

In my state, no one can legally consent to sex if they are intoxicated. This includes women, AND men.

You get drunk, and you have sex with a sober woman? You can press charges.

In my state, no one can legally consent to sex if they are intoxicated. This includes women, AND men.

You get drunk, and you have sex with a sober woman? You can press charges.

And quite possibly get laughed at in court.

You mean the strippers don't actually love me?! :cry:

Hey, the gay ones do. ;)

No, but there is more to it than that..

It doesn't mean she deserved to be raped, but it does cast some doubt on what she said and whether she was indeed raped. Suffice to say "I was drunk" would be completely damning to the man on the receiving end of the rape allegation, and it's next to nothing on the other end.

I agree a woman who sleeps with a man when she is drunk often decides she didnt want it the next day and shouts rape ... women shout rape all the time....really makes me angry