DNS Problems at work...

dns wifi work wireless

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 96
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:38

So that posting of your arp cache is after it wasn't working, and it was the same when it was working.

#47 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 21 July 2012 - 16:58

So that posting of your arp cache is after it wasn't working, and it was the same when it was working.

Yup

#48 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 21 July 2012 - 17:10

I think it can but my boss would go ape **** if I did that

:laugh: Would he know ? If you are burdened with the task of fixing it, does he know enough about them to know you changed the firmware ?

I would at least mention it to him as a possible fix, with the understanding it could be flashed back to stock if it didn't work :)

#49 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:39

:laugh: Would he know ? If you are burdened with the task of fixing it, does he know enough about them to know you changed the firmware ?

I would at least mention it to him as a possible fix, with the understanding it could be flashed back to stock if it didn't work :)

I really wish it were that simple... The guy he has manage his network had to call me because he didn't know how to surf into the modem... To me that is pretty much common knowledge. The thing I am worried about is getting caught because he told me he doesn't trust me with it but I have about 4-5 years of networking experience and have never had any problems getting a network up and running mind you I've never done a huge network for a office lol (starting school in the fall hopefully) I guess I am stuck with my tablet and phone for now.

Oh does anyone know if there is a way to share my phone or tablets wifi connection with my laptop? Both run Android.