More of USA on phones while watching TV

(Mashable) -- Thanks to the growth of smartphone adoption, about half of U.S. mobile phone owners use their devices while watching TV, a new study suggests.

According to a Pew Internet & American Life Project report, cellphone users not only look up information online in real time and keep themselves occupied during commercials via their handheld devices, they are also interacting with friends.

About 23% of cellphone users send text messages to others watching the same show in a different location. Other popular "connected" activities include looking up information mentioned on TV (20% have done so in the last 30 days), posting comments online about a show (11%), playing on phones during commercials (38%) and voting for a reality show contestant (6%).

more

sigh, and I would bet that most of those who were polled would test positive for ADD/ADHD. I do not have a smartphone and I think it has been about 3 weeks since I have turned on the TV.

I have many times watched TV and computed at the same time. :laugh: .... oh, did I mention pizza ?

Watching TV and having a phone and a laptop going at the same time is where it's at.