It is holiday time here at Opera HQ and with that many of the team are off to far away lands or enjoying a barbecue in the sun. The rest of us however are still working away at improving our browser. To help you celebrate the summer, here is a new Opera Next snapshot of Marlin (12.50), with numerous bug fixes and some hardware acceleration and HTML5 Drag and Drop improvements.
If you want to test hardware acceleration, remember to enable opera:config#UserPrefs|EnableHardwareAcceleration.
Thanks in advance for testing and your feedback!
- Copying text from readonly input fields no longer possible
- Cannot change the size of any resizable UI element
- Typing in a Flash element with wmode transparent or opaque results in incorrect (or no) output
- Numpad shortcut keys do not work
- Crash when using keyboard shortcuts while pages are loading with keyboard event listening extensions loaded
- [Win] Opera crashes when going to fullscreen in embedded Flash player
- [Mac] Key event handling on Mac has some remaining legacy issues
- [Linux/FreeBSD] Keyboard layout not respected for Opera shortcuts
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
DownloadDistribution note: Starting with this snapshot we are ending support for Windows 2000.
Source: Opera Desktop Team blog