Next Google nexus phone?

I know this maybe a little bit early, but I was wondering if there was any decent information out there regarding the next 'pure android' phone.

I've had my Galaxy S since July 2010 and intended to get the S3 but for some reason I'm now not as impressed by it as I first was. Probably the fact that I've got the Nexus 7 has also played a part in me now wanting to wait for a nexus phone.

had you tried rom mod to help your aptite in the mean time? ;)

as for S3 it is great but not enough to for S2 user like me to upgrade way to soon perhaps when S4(or whatever the flag ship name at time) debut next year , scartch that gonna jump into nexus come mid-late 2013 just in time for 4G network :D

why did it fall out of your favor? i wander

i guess you would had to wait sept-oct timeframe for more information :/

I think over the last 2 years I have flashed my phone nearly 30 times with various different roms. Currently I've got Jelly bean with CM10. It's stable but it has a bit of a problem in that it restarts by itself and also turns off vibration mode by itself.

The Nexus 7 tab has really made me want to get a Nexus phone, but the Galaxy Nexus is a little old now and the next one is right around the corner.

I like the galaxy nexus price. As for the new nexus, I somehow doubt that specs wise it will be much better than the s3, but at least it will have a google ROM instead of a samsugn one.

I know this maybe a little bit early, but I was wondering if there was any decent information out there regarding the next 'pure android' phone.

I've had my Galaxy S since July 2010 and intended to get the S3 but for some reason I'm now not as impressed by it as I first was. Probably the fact that I've got the Nexus 7 has also played a part in me now wanting to wait for a nexus phone.

You can expect the hardware to be at least on par or slightly better than the S3. But other than that, there's not much room for improvement other than three main areas: battery life (greater capacity battery in the same slim design, more efficient chipsets), screen size (slim down the bezel even more and expand screen a bit more), and camera (there's always room for improvement on both front and back lens). The rest of the improvements will mostly be on the software end.

If you can hold out until the winter, then you will not be disappointed as you will get a better experience with immediate vanilla Android updates and longer support. Otherwise, S3 is a solid pick. Just be ready to wait months after each Android release to get the update pushed, and that will only last for two, maybe three years worth of support.