I've always enjoyed stealthing my way through, and Crytek have made that path pretty easy this time around (In 1/2 you can't fire weapons while cloaked, in 3 you can if they have a silencer, so a SCAR + optical sight is fine, lol OP), but one of the best improvements is how the AI gets "scared" when you whittle down the team. When there's 10 guys in a room and you kill 9, the last dude freaks out, screams into his radio, runs around, etc.

It's hilarious and I love it.

Edit: And I quite like how the nanosuit upgrades are based on a feedback model, so the more you use them the better they get. I've only completed the first 2 missions and I already have half the hacking things done automatically and can hear things through the binoculars from a huge distance (And really loud, too loud actually)

Edit 2: And you can sprint + power slide while cloaked too, it's kinda strange.

That's why I'm doing both more exploring and getting REALLY creative with the stealthiness; instead of rushing, I'm taking my time and basically "Toying with CELL". When I got to the harvesting (but harvesting WHAT?) facility, instead of going arrow-crazy, I went (still sticking to the "Toying") to more stealth kills with a mix of popup shredding (with the Typhoon, which I snagged back at the dam before blowing it up) on the last CELL of a group (and it's typically the REMF Lockharty clone; him I LOVE saving for last). Psychological warfare with CELL can be taken to a way different level with Crysis 3 (compared to Crysis 2) - and it really helps not having to wrestle the game to the ground before having fun.

Core i5-750, 7870 "Tahiti LE" and 8 GB RAM.

This game still isn't 60 FPS @ Low (everything) details @ 1680x1050. Some scenes hover at 45-50 FPS.

It still looks fine, but having to use Low on a very decent system is quite ridiculous.

As with all games, it depends on the feature mix a GPU take advantage of compared to the feature mix in the game.

Crysis 3 (compared to Crysis 2) is not that multi-GPU friendly - could it be that the features the game is coded around are NOT friendly toward multiple GPUs?

Also, from the results so far, the LOWER a GPU sits in terms of DX11, the greater the improvement is from Crysis 2 to Crysis 3 - which is exactly why my HD5450 - as hooptie and low-end as DX11 discrete graphics gets - has the largest gains going from Crysis 2 to Crysis 3, while the higher-end HD6xxx/HD7xxx don't see as much improvement.

In the move from DX9c to DX11, Crytek was able to re-code those features common to both DX9c and DX11 as straight DX11 features; however, in contrast to the high end, lower-end GPUs concentrate ON those common features to a greater degree - hence another reason why lower-end improved more than the higher end did.

As with all games, it depends on the feature mix a GPU take advantage of compared to the feature mix in the game.

Crysis 3 (compared to Crysis 2) is not that multi-GPU friendly - could it be that the features the game is coded around are NOT friendly toward multiple GPUs?

Also, from the results so far, the LOWER a GPU sits in terms of DX11, the greater the improvement is from Crysis 2 to Crysis 3 - which is exactly why my HD5450 - as hooptie and low-end as DX11 discrete graphics gets - has the largest gains going from Crysis 2 to Crysis 3, while the higher-end HD6xxx/HD7xxx don't see as much improvement.

In the move from DX9c to DX11, Crytek was able to re-code those features common to both DX9c and DX11 as straight DX11 features; however, in contrast to the high end, lower-end GPUs concentrate ON those common features to a greater degree - hence another reason why lower-end improved more than the higher end did.

I have one GPU, not two.

Just beat the game. Took about 5 1/2 hours. Was damn fun and the ending was great.

My only gripe is the nano suit upgrades. In Crysis 2, they were awesome. Crysis 3 though, the upgrades are trival at best. The only ones I really though were useful were the assassin ones, and a few of the ones that let you absorb more bullet damage. Other than that, I have no "want" or need to unlock the other remaining 12. They just don't seem interesting or fun to me.

Oh well, on to some multiplayer action now.

How would you all describe the gameplay and storyline? I've been pretty disappointed with the reviews seeing as how much I enjoyed the first two games (wasn't a fan of Warhead, though). I actually like the fact that the game is much shorter, so that doesn't bother me. Also: are quick-time events back?

Gameplay wise it's a lot like Crysis 2, with some changes here or there, but with more open maps like Crysis 1. Plot wise it's about the same as all the games, they've never had great plots. But Crysis 3 does explain the change in alien design between 1/Warhead and 2.

I have one GPU, not two.

I addressed that as well - high-end GPUs focus more on higher-end features. If you aim a game at the middle, the coding is where the consequences of that aim show up. Crysis 3 (despite the DX11-only code) focussed heavily on lower-end common features between DX11 PCs and consoles - not so much the high-end stuff unique to higher-end PC GPUs (and flat-out missing from consoles). It's more a PC-skewed multi-platform title.

I know people said the game was short, but I didn't realise how short. I thought I was about 1/3rd of the way through the game, but I'm actually only 2 missions from the end.

I know people said the game was short, but I didn't realise how short. I thought I was about 1/3rd of the way through the game, but I'm actually only 2 missions from the end.

the last few levels are longer but be sure to do the secondary objectives to help pad your game time

Larry, you don't need post processing hahaha if you play 1080p or above even AA isn't all that needed...but post processing is just icing on the cake. and as Shakey noted this is a short game cause this time the CELL guys are not that hard...well, i only played 20 mins of it so i don't know but right off the bat it's a lot easier than Crysis 2 where on normal they kicked your ass if you weren't careful!

How would you all describe the gameplay and storyline? I've been pretty disappointed with the reviews seeing as how much I enjoyed the first two games (wasn't a fan of Warhead, though). I actually like the fact that the game is much shorter, so that doesn't bother me. Also: are quick-time events back?

So far, the storyline ties in rather neatly to that of Crysis 2 (and even to the "Legion" novel/e-book) - the issue is that each is only part of the story. Prophet (basically Alcatraz-as-Prophet) has part of the story, Sikes has part of the story, and Rasch and Claire have part of the story - the WHOLE story is even bigger than the sum of the parts.

Second, Sikes doesn't know about what happened to Prophet's body in Crysis 2 - and Alcatraz has kept with the legal fiction that he is, in fact, dead.

As to what happened to Sikes' suit, SIKES mentioned what happened way back at the beginning - he was skinned out of it while alive. (That was Lockhart and Hargreave's plan for first Prophet, and then Alcatraz, in Crysis 2.)

It sounds like the whole narrative is coming from the POV of the Prophet personality in the suit - not Alcatraz-as-Prophet. (That explains the third-person narrative.) The suit, and Alcatraz' body, are becoming a single life form - which is keeping the identity of the original Prophet, Laurence Barnes. (Barnes imprinted big-time on the suit - which actually makes sense.)

I think that all the quibbling over plot has to do with the disconnect from the characters in the original Crysis (Nomad in particular) - not necessarily Warhead, as Sikes fills in some of that. (Why didn't Sikes fill in ALL of it? Remember, as far as Sikes himself is aware, Prophet is still alive - he's not aware of the body change in the suit. Claire is NOT Tara Strickland - one of those living souls that IS aware of the body switch. If RASCH knows, he isn't telling. Anyone. He had the opportunity to tell Claire OR Sikes, but said nothing to either. That means he didn't know - or is refusing to tell for reasons of his own.) Basically it APPEARS to be a plot hole - but it isn't.)

Yeah, I've done any secondary objective I've been given, they're quite useful so I'm not sure why people would want to skip them.

My problem was that 90% of the time, I didn't even notice there was a secondary objective. And then once I crossed the point of no return, I would see it X'ed out, and was like, "well damn it."

I beat it on the 2nd to hardest difficulty. The most troubling levels were the last ones, and they were only troublesome due to the amount of enemies and how strong they are. You go from basically being a god and killing everything, to all of a sudden losing your powers and in way to deep over your head. I finally found the "sweet spots" to hack the alien turrets, and those levels became a breeze.

The story is very broken up, but if you read all the data logs, it is really good for a FPS story. If you have played all the Crysis games, this wraps everything up really nicely.

The music in this game is just perfect. I don't know why, but it really made the events that were happening that much more meaningful. And the end was great. I read that Crytek says that this isn't the last Crysis... So I'm very eager to see where it goes from here.

And the voice acting was top notch. Maybe it's just me, but I found myself really rooting for Prophet, and at the last few levels, when he starts going all out on the aliens, I really enjoyed his lines. It was very exhilarating. I would have loved if this game had 2 endings...

the good one we get, and an alternate bad ending where you end up becoming the new Alpha Ceph.

I loved how at the very end, it pans out and you see that you are back on the very 1st island that Crysis 1 took place on.

Man, this games graphics settings really are bizarre. As I chronicled earlier, I had everything on Medium for the most part with a few things on High. Well the water was looking super muddy for me, so I wanted to see what turning it up to Very High looked like. Not only did it look 100 times better, like I could actually see in it, but my FPS actually went up!!! I then turned shadows up to High, and holy ****, it looks so much better, and NO hit in performance at all. Now I see all these reflections off the water I was not seeing, and again, somehow the game looks better but seems to also be running better?? :s :wacko: It is truly ass backwards, and it is almost like the game was under performing because I had the graphics settings lower than they should be. Just really odd.

I also noticed Origin downloaded a 250 or so MB patch before. Anyone know what that was about? Maybe it improved High and above graphic performance? :rofl:

Larry, you don't need post processing hahaha if you play 1080p or above even AA isn't all that needed...but post processing is just icing on the cake. and as Shakey noted this is a short game cause this time the CELL guys are not that hard...well, i only played 20 mins of it so i don't know but right off the bat it's a lot easier than Crysis 2 where on normal they kicked your ass if you weren't careful!

However, if you can't run all-out, consider SMAA - for me, oddly enough, 1x SMAA has better performance than no AA. (Again, HD5450 - a discrete GPU so hooptie, I usually HAVE to turn AA off to get decent performance at all - in any game, regardless of resolution. Therefore AA, even SMAA, performing better than no AA flies in the face of usual performance, let alone logic.)

Man, this games graphics settings really are bizarre. As I chronicled earlier, I had everything on Medium for the most part with a few things on High. Well the water was looking super muddy for me, so I wanted to see what turning it up to Very High looked like. Not only did it look 100 times better, like I could actually see in it, but my FPS actually went up!!! I then turned shadows up to High, and holy ****, it looks so much better, and NO hit in performance at all. Now I see all these reflections off the water I was not seeing, and again, somehow the game looks better but seems to also be running better?? :s :wacko: It is truly ass backwards, and it is almost like the game was under performing because I had the graphics settings lower than they should be. Just really odd.

I also noticed Origin downloaded a 250 or so MB patch before. Anyone know what that was about? Maybe it improved High and above graphic performance? :rofl:

I'm hardly the expert on this game, but higher settings could use DirectCompute/OpenCL stuff instead of standard functions.

I'm hardly the expert on this game, but higher settings could use DirectCompute/OpenCL stuff instead of standard functions.

Quite possible - and neither is supported by any version of DirectX before 11, while all DX11 GPUs support either one or the other. (Yes - believe it or not, even Mister Hooptie, AKA HD5450, explicitly supports DirectCompute.)

i have a lap with ati readon mobility hd 512mb gddr3 graphic card(directx11) can i run it on low resolution ? 4gb ram plz reply me bcz i am big fan of crysis

err that doesn't tell us which card, but probably

Graphics

Monitor

Name Generic PnP Monitor on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 540v

Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels

Work Resolution 1366x728 pixels

State enabled, primary

Monitor Width 1366

Monitor Height 768

Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel

Monitor Frequency 60 Hz

Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 540v

GPU M92

Device ID 1002-9553

Subvendor Dell (1028)

Current Performance Level Level 1

Voltage 0.900 V

Die Size 73 mm²

Release Date Jan 09, 2009

DirectX Support 10.1

DirectX Shader Model 4.1

OpenGL Support 3.3

GPU Clock 0.0 MHz

Bios Core Clock 500.00

Bios Mem Clock 700.00

Driver version 8.683.2.1000

BIOS Version BR34026-001

ROPs 4

Shaders 80 unified

Count of performance levels : 1

Level 1

OpenGL

Version 3.2.9236

Vendor ATI Technologies Inc.

Renderer ATI Mobility Radeon HD 540v

GLU Version 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation

Values

GL Extensions

i have a lap with ati readon mobility hd 512mb gddr3 graphic card(directx11) can i run it on low resolution ? 4gb ram plz reply me bcz i am big fan of crysis and my configuratuion see attachment

MR_ANDERSON-PC.txt

(Y) That makes a lot of sense, and is actually kind of along the lines of what I thought it was, it was actually pushing my card to perform better. Regardless of what it is I will take it. It is amazing how much better it looks and how it is running really good now, get pretty much a constant 60 FPS no matter what.

I was thinking about getting this over the weekend. I'm just worried about how it'll run. How do you guys think it will run on my machine?

AMD B50 @ 3.20 ghz. (Cooled by H60)

Asus M4N98TD Evo

8gb 1333 DDR3 Ram

NVIDIA 550TI

Damn. It's my processor that's killing me. Need to get an 1045 x6. :D

Everyone is posting about how well the game performs, but I have a Core i5-750, 7870 "Tahiti LE" and 8 GB RAM and this game still isn't 60 FPS @ Low (everything) details @ 1680x1050. About 1-2% of the scenes hover at 50-55 FPS.

It still looks fine (excellent, in fact), but having to use Low on a very decent system is quite ridiculous.

Setting everything to Medium makes the average frame rate around 30 FPS.