• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• 5,313 posts
  • Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 12 August 2012 - 22:16

I dropped Acdsee when it went payware all those years ago. Faststone Image Viewer is what i use. What reason would i have to use Acdsee again? They might try pulling the same stunt again. When something gets good, it turns crap.

#17 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

• 1,768 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:02

I dropped Acdsee when it went payware all those years ago. Faststone Image Viewer is what i use. What reason would i have to use Acdsee again? They might try pulling the same stunt again. When something gets good, it turns crap.

*aaachh-utorrhennt-ooo*

Sorry, got the sniffles. :(

#18 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,727 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:33

I'd like to see this or pain.net or any other free picture app support Camera Raw so I could make the switch reliably. then I can hose paying for expensive photoshop.

Honestly, if you have a good enough camera to make use of RAW. you can afford and should afford to use Lightroom as well.

#19 torrentthief

torrentthief

Neowinian Senior

• 3,708 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:41

acdsee photo manager supports RAW format, this free version doesn't. Presumably there are high patent fees for adding raw support. I've used acdsee paid version for years, it is great for viewing photos. The pro version is the same as photo manager but with the ability to touch-up photos i believe, i don't need that so don't use it.