Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.Notepad++ 6.1.6 Released Aug 16 2012Whats New
• Fix (Walk around) Notepad++ hanging on CJK input with ANSI document while enabling word completion.
• Enhance folding performance on large documents.
• Check update without elevating to Administrator right.
• Add update auto-detection for the environment vista/windows 7/Windows 8.
• Fix bug: Doc switcher icon state not refreshed after '"save all" action.
• Make Document map togglable via menu.
• Enhance Find/Replace dialog result messages.
• Fix a issue that "max number of recent files" cannot be set to 0.
• Add font size 5, 6 and 7 in Style Configurator. Download: Notepad++