5 replies to this topic

#1 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 16 August 2012 - 20:01

hey Guys

i noticed when opening gnome tweak tool from the terminal there were some errors

i managed to solve some of them but i am left with these ones

any ideas what they are

(gnome-tweak-tool:6977): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion `width >= 0' failed
(gnome-tweak-tool:6977): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion `width >= 0' failed

#2 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 17 August 2012 - 21:50

There's a bug report filled in Launchpad and it has been confirmed, so I don't think there's anything you can do to fix that other than waiting for an update.
It doesn't seem to affect the program in any way other than throwing the error to the console, if you ran the app from a launcher you wouldn't even notice :/

The gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width function should return the natural, proportional height of a widget for a given width. If the gnome-tweak-tool UI is drawing fine you can just ignore it until it's fixed.

#3 OP Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 August 2012 - 19:01

yeah it opens fine just annoyed me lol

#4 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 18 August 2012 - 19:06

I had constant issues with gnome-tweak-tool. While it was great when it worked completely with no errors, I eventually got tired of it. :p

I hope Gnome 3.6 has this tool built-in and fully functioning.

#5 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:13

I had constant issues with gnome-tweak-tool. While it was great when it worked completely with no errors, I eventually got tired of it. :p

I hope Gnome 3.6 has this tool built-in and fully functioning.

works totally fine for in gnome 3.4, i've never had any problems with it.

#6 OP Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:46

u get no errors when opening in terminal?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!