Anyone picking up Alan Wake or American Nightmare on steam this weekend?

Alan Wake is cheap on steam this weekend, anyone picking them up?

I got Nightmare. Played a few minutes, looks decent.

What are the controls like in the game? Please tell me that they are better than Res. Evil.

Seem pretty decent. I have Alan Wake on 360, but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

I never did get around to beating American Nightmare. The whole revisit the same area multiple times aspect of it wore a bit thin for my tastes, but overall two very good games, and I do recommend checking them out if you have not done so already.

I had a chance to play the PC version at a friends house when it was first released. What I remember the most is the level of polish with the PC version. It looks like they did it right with Alan Wake. It isn't a shoddy console port and I'm sure the same holds true for Alan Wake's American Nightmare. You can buy the "Alan Wake Franchise" pack for $9.99 USD (75% off $39.99). It includes Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and Alan Wake Collector's Edition extras (developer commentary videos, 130-page illustrated PDF book, and soundtrack).

The offer is quite enticing but I won't have the time to complete Alan Wake with school coming up next month. And even if I had the time, I'd be busy playing other PC games like Dota 2 and Battlefield 3. I would've jumped on this offer if I came across it at the beginning of the summer.

Pretty decent game and it is priced well. Enjoyed both Alan Wake and American Nightmare, though Nightmare wasn't as good story wise. They did improve the gameplay quite a bit in it though so that was a bonus.

Still thinking about this game on the Xbox 360, downloaded the demo of american nightmare and still haven't played it but everyone of my friends said it was good. I should check it out since it's prolly cheap now at gamestop :)