mars video extraterrestrials

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,818 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 23:54

The Mars Curiosity camera has captured some startling footage of what appear to be four UFOs lurking over the landscape of the Red Planet.

What are these strange objects? If they were spotted on earth, they might resemble satellites or possibly weather balloons. But, why are there bright orbs hovering in the sky over the Gale Crater on Mars?

The roughly one-and-a-half minute footage raises some very intriguing questions. What is your opinion about this video?

Honestly, the anomalous orbs could be anything. They might be planets, optical illusions, or merely dust particles on the lens of the Curiosity camera.

But, it would be quite unnerving if the rover was being monitored by UFOs piloted by extraterrestrials. How will this affect the mission? The aim of the Mars rover initiative is to explore for water, and learn whether the Red Planet is habitable by humans.

It's pretty difficult to discern what these UFOs are; nevertheless, the American government needs to investigate this footage thoroughly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkW1Db4W9g&feature=player_embedded

source

Attached Images

• georget3.png

#2 Stetson

Stetson

Neowinian Senior

• 2,869 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:03

Considering the extreme amount of manipulation that had to be done to the image to be able to see those specks, I would guess dust on the camera lens. The landing video and subsequent photos of the rover looking back at itself show that there was a lot of dust kicked up during landing.

Also the way that the article is worded it seems to imply that this is video that was captured by the rover. Really it is one still photograph that has been sent through a wide array of photoshop filters and tasteful video transitions.

Edit: From the comments on that site:

After investigating this carefully by visiting the NASA Curiosity web site I found the series of photo's taken by Curiosity's Left Mast Camera on 8/9/2012 and after viewing each photo in succession starting with photo (time stamped) 8/9/2012 5:11:25 these "UFO"objects appear in the same place on each photo. Keep in mind this camera rotates 360 degrees as it snaps photos so each photo is of a different scene. If you overlap these photos you will notice the anomalies are in the exact same place on each different shot. Therefore it must be dust/dirt on the lens. If you would like to see the original photos yourself here is the NASA address http://mars.jpl.nasa...era=MAST%5FLEFT

#3 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,140 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:08

They're called stars.

#4 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,818 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:18

^ Stars, with shadows underneath ?

Clearly weatherballoons :shifty:

#5 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,030 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:28

photographic artifacts, can you prove those shadows are not artifacts from the filters? No you can't

Let's see the original photo being used here to make sure they weren't added in after the fact as well.

#6 AmazingRando

AmazingRando

Neowinian

• 442 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:29

No matter what these are, until someone finds out for sure they are UFO's. Not "possible" UFO's, they are Unidentified Flying Objects. UFO does not equal alien spacecraft or anything else. If it's in the air and you cant tell what it is, it's a UFO.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

#7 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:32

Here's one for you Hum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRKJ6PZZ3c

#8 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,030 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:32

No matter what these are, until someone finds out for sure they are UFO's. Not "possible" UFO's, they are Unidentified Flying Objects. UFO does not equal alien spacecraft or anything else. If it's in the air and you cant tell what it is, it's a UFO.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Might not be "up in the air" as well. It could be anything, a glitch in the image, mountain top in the far distance, stars/planets, dust/dirt from a far off dirt devil. To many open options to call it something in the air let alone a UFO.

#9 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,818 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:34

If it wasn't for the apparent shading, and 4 objects, they might be the Martian moons. ;)

#10 JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• 703 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:43

I side with Stetson. There were conspiracy theories about UFO's in the very first image from the rover but it's hard to disprove the dust theory given these are stills rather than video footage. If there were UFO's on Mars, I'm sure the reconnaissance orbiter would have picked them up by now.

#11 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,495 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:46

dnrtherefore.png

#12 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,868 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:46

Exactly, the shadows underneath them on the "inverted" image shows they are clearly dust specks or something similar. There are no shadows in the sky.

#13 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:51

I think someone needs professional help.

#14 nub

nub

Neowinian Senior

• 2,891 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:53

dust

#15 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,818 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 00:53

Exactly, the shadows underneath them on the "inverted" image shows they are clearly dust specks or something similar. There are no shadows in the sky.

^ The sunlight shining on the 'top' of say a metal object, would create both a bright reflection, and a darker zone underneath.

Example:
Posted Image Posted Image

I find it interesting that UFOs are more of a draw, than Bigfoot:

Attached Images

• conspiracy.png

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!