gaming diablo diablo iii diablo 3

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2012 - 16:42

BLIZZARD CAN DO NO WRONG!

I'll see your sarcasm, and raise you: "The Auction is Blizz's 2nd greatest implementation in their games. Second only to the awesomeness that is Mists of Panda-land".

#17 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2012 - 16:46

Ever since Activision bought out Blizzard, Blizzard has gone downhill since it's now King Kotick running the place and all he cares about is $$$.

#18 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 16:53

all he cares about is $$$.

As does every single gaming company.

#19 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 August 2012 - 16:58

I'll see your sarcasm, and raise you: "The Auction is Blizz's 2nd greatest implementation in their games. Second only to the awesomeness that is Mists of Panda-land".

I think the pokemon game included with MoP is surely 3rd. Can't wait for pet battle it's gonna be epic. Who needs new contents when you get non combat pet battle ? gotta catch 'em all ...

#20 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2012 - 17:01

Every company exists to make money. The difference is how greedy they are. Kotick is known to be a money grubbing ****** and would charge you $100 for a game if he could get away with it. He's said this publicly before.

If you look at the Diablo 3 economics and how drops are and how effectiveness is tied to weapon damage, it's designed to get people to use the RMAH and thus making Blizzard money. Gold farmers cause inflation. This makes it harder for newer people to get the required gold to gear up. Item drops can be few and far between (I didn't get a single upgrade drop in Nightmare or Hell). Therefore the only way to progress is to farm for tons of money or be hopeful for upgrades. This can be very time consuming. Thus the RMAH becomes the only option to be able to realistically progress in the game. Not so much for Nightmare and Hell because you can find cheap stuff usually, but for Inferno, yeah...

#21 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 21 August 2012 - 17:05

There can't be $$$ without customers. Unless Blizz change their last 2-3 years policy they'll find that one day or another. Oh! it'll take time. Die hard blizzard fanboys (i used to be one and i'm still kinda one as i'm ashamed to admit i paid for MoP) are almost impossible to kill.

Blizzard used to be customers first, money second.
Then soon after Activision merged with Vivendi (almost like if Activision bought Vivendi since Kotick is the lead of the new company) they started to be money first, customers second (i have no problem with that).
Sadly Blizzard is more and more money only and we don't give a **** about customers. Anyone who play or played WoW on a regular basis know that.

I still like Blizzard games. But my love with the company died with faction change. I was playing on Mug'thol alliance side (Void guild server) when faction change was implemented. Mug'thol was a nice server with a pop ratio of 1.5 hordes for every alliance. People were pro there it was a really great server with lot of really good guilds and a sense of community.

Then Blizzard had the great idea to let people faction change to make money. All alliance went horde. The pop ratio went as bad as 10 hordes for every alliance. To make things worse WG was not balanced at all we were fighting 10 to 20 alliances against 200 hordes most of the time. Tenacity was not enough and we were not able to fight (CCed from 100% to 0% in less than a global CD). Could not do VoA at all.

I posted on Blizzard forum many times, tried to get in touch with them. Opened tickets. I did everything i could to let them know Mug'thol server had a problem (created by their own greed). The only thing i got was a big silence. I finnally had to pay 75$ to move my 3 main toons to another server.

A good company would have offered me free xfer. Blizzard would have offered me free xfer. But Blizzard is no more. It's now called Activision-Blizzard and is lead by former Activision CEO.

#22 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 21 August 2012 - 17:30

I think he's just secretly jealous since D2 is a much better game.

I don't think the games are as different as people think. I think people are disappointed because they've gotten over the generic end-game of such genres, whereas with Diablo II they hadn't (and now play it for nostalgia). From two of the biggest Diablo II fans I know they say there is really nothing wrong with the game and all their biggest annoyances are getting fixed in the next patch. The one thing that will not be fixed is the poor endgame, which to be honest doesn't seem any different than Diablo II.

#23 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 17:38

I don't think the games are as different as people think. I think people are disappointed because they've gotten over the generic end-game of such genres, whereas with Diablo II they hadn't (and now play it for nostalgia). From two of the biggest Diablo II fans I know they say there is really nothing wrong with the game and all their biggest annoyances are getting fixed in the next patch. The one thing that will not be fixed is the poor endgame, which to be honest doesn't seem any different than Diablo II.

The only difference in end game between D2 and D3 is that in D2, dying in HELL difficulty resulted in a loss of XP. This made is much harder IMO and therefore it took a lot longer to get to say you beat the game in its entirety. Even then, it was almost impossible for some to do because Diablo and Bail would be immune to cold damage and all you put points into was cold damage or something like that. D2 was just a lot less forgiving than D3 is because skill points were committed and you could screw yourself into a position so that you couldn't progress any further.

I think that the campaign is a lot funner on D3 than D2. The 2nd and 3rd Act in D2 were just...terrible. I hated those two acts so much. Especially Act 3. Got so tired of seeing the same tiles and the exact same fights over-and-over-and-over again. Diablo 2 is just getting more points for having high nostalgia.

But the items were more interesting in D2 and in TL. I really liked all the low level set pieces that I would come across. It was a real delight when I found something else in that set and leveled a character specifically to use my set items. They weren't needed, but it still made it fun for me.

#24 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:24

Jay apologizes..

http://us.battle.net...opic/6398870250

Is it sincere or just an "oh damn I got caught better do something about it" apology?

#25 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:59

I'm pretty sure it's sincere. If you had the entire internet saying you suck as a developer because you ruined their game they were waiting a decade for blah blah etc etc, I'm pretty sure you'd get pretty ticked off as well. Maybe you'd be able to control yourself better and not say something on Twitter or Facebook like he did, but he did it. He's obviously passionate about his game(s) and cares about the people who work under him. If you watch the Jace Hall Show you'd see it, even if he's doing comedy stuff and making fun of himself (and his team).

Also, most of the community has accepted his apology by this point (if you go through that thread) and I'm sure by now Dave has as well. I'm sure they've spoken on the phone or something about it and everything is fine.

#26 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:26

I think some people blew it way out of proportion. When I first read what he said, I thought "Okay. He took it personally and retaliated with something not-so-nice." Notice the word "personally"? It's a matter between Jay Wilson and David Brevik. Anyway, it's very likely that he apologized personally to David Brevik before posting that public apology. Yes, he should have been more professional about his anger toward David Brevik. But in the end, we're all driven by our emotions. Sometimes, you lose control over them.

As for the sincerity of his apology, I didn't doubt it for a second.

#27 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:01

Nice of him to apologize, but that doesn't change the fact that D3 is a total POS.

#28 The King of GnG

The King of GnG

Knight and King of the Great Hell Village

• Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:00

Diablo III, the game that insults you. Because **** you loser....

#29 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 23 August 2012 - 13:40

Nice of him to apologize, but that doesn't change the fact that D3 is a total POS.

Diablo 3 is not a total POS. It's a nice game but sadly nothing more (i can't find a reason to play thru it multiple times). Honestly i was not a big fan of Diablo 2. I liked it and played it for a long time but imo the first game is still the best in the serie. I really loved the first game. It was the first disc based game i played and the cinematics, sound, voice over, etc made the game really stand out. I'm not a big fan of outdoor areas to be honest i prefer to go deeper and deeper in a dungeon.

We can't blame devs for Activision-Blizzard greed. It's out of their control sadly.

But i would not be surprised if i actually prefer Torchlight 2. I really liked the first one and if they can improve upon it and add multiplayer it's gonna be a great sequel to Diablo 2 because utimately this is what Torchlight really is.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!