Photo

What F2P is everyone playing?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Aeikus

Aeikus

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:26

I've finally gotten burned out on WoW/D3 and am looking for something new to play. I know most people will be getting into Guild Wars 2 (myself included) when it's released next week. But I was curious as to what free-to-play MMOs people play here, if any. Any suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated!

#2 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:28

I kinda like Spiral Knights. Most of the other F2P games I've played seemed to have serious flaws in them.

#3 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:31

You meant P2W :) ...

#4 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

I kinda like Spiral Knights. Most of the other F2P games I've played seemed to have serious flaws in them.

In my case, it's DCUO. I've gotten my ice-based hero brawler-flier at the L30 cap and am doing the Sub-Avatar quests for the ninth time in a week (and helping other do them mainly for lulz - I hate Brainiac *that much*)

#5 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

I don't play f2p anymore. Haven't in a very long time. I used to play Runescape and Dragon Court but it has been ages.

#6 +TCLN Ryster

TCLN Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:34

Star Trek: Online (my fleet), The Settlers Online and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances.

#7 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:35

Next week? You didn't prepurchase? :|

#8 OP Aeikus

Aeikus

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:36

In my case, it's DCUO. I've gotten my ice-based hero brawler-flier at the L30 cap and am doing the Sub-Avatar quests for the ninth time in a week (and helping other do them mainly for lulz - I hate Brainiac *that much*)

I've heard a lot about DCUO, how is it? I've been too afraid to try since I got burned buying Champions Online.

I don't play f2p anymore. Haven't in a very long time. I used to play Runescape and Dragon Court but it has been ages.

I used to play Runescape back in the day. I really can't get into any more tho :/

#9 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:38

I used to play Runescape back in the day. I really can't get into any more tho :/

I haven't even tried to get into any f2p anymore. I'm hooked on Bethesda games.

#10 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:43

Well, I just started on SWTOR because it's going F2P soon. Seems rather fun, even if it's just a WoW clone. Aion is pretty nice as well, but I've already played the hell out of it. Probably one of the best looking F2P MMOs though, that doesn't constantly bug you with their cash shop like LotRO does.

I've played many F2P MMOs, but there's not a whole lot I can actually recommend off-hand as I'm either burnt out with them, or they're just not that great in the long run... Also, GW2 is around the corner as you said.

I'm in agreement with Lo Tec otherwise though: I've been on a Bethesda game hook lately. Many people including myself are replaying Fallout 3 because of the New Vegas sale they had. Want to finish one before the other. So much fun! :)

#11 OP Aeikus

Aeikus

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:53

Next week? You didn't prepurchase? :|

Unfortunately, No. I believe getting the game for free on the 28th outweighed buying it and getting only 3 extra days of play time.

Well, I just started on SWTOR because it's going F2P soon. Seems rather fun, even if it's just a WoW clone. Aion is pretty nice as well, but I've already played the hell out of it. Probably one of the best looking F2P MMOs though, that doesn't constantly bug you with their cash shop like LotRO does.

I've played many F2P MMOs, but there's not a whole lot I can actually recommend off-hand as I'm either burnt out with them, or they're just not that great in the long run... Also, GW2 is around the corner as you said.

I'm in agreement with Lo Tec otherwise though: I've been on a Bethesda game hook lately. Many people including myself are replaying Fallout 3 because of the New Vegas sale they had. Want to finish one before the other. So much fun! :)

I loved SWTOR in the beginning, I actually pre-ordered it and played since launch. I quit after getting two characters to cap. Running the same Ops and Hut Ball gets old after a while :p Though I may give it another shot once it goes F2P. I've never really tried Aion, I had forgotten it went F2P. I often hear how much of a grindfest it is, would you consider that true? How was the population when you was playing it? As taboo as it might sound, I really can't get into LotRs, I played about an hour of LotRO and it just wasn't what I was looking for.

#12 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:57

AOE Online is ok, I'm waiting to see what the new C&C (was Generals 2) will be like.

#13 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:58

I liked DCUO ok, too... except for the collision between avatars. It's quite annoying have to jump over other players to talk to a quest NPC.

#14 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:09

Realm of the Mad God (awesome 8-bit style MMO Shump...seriously)
Vindictus
Blacklight Retribution
Tribes Ascend
Microvolts
Combat Arms (bots galore in there though)
Dungeon Fighter Online (another 16-bit style mmo brawler)
Lord of the Rings Online
Everquest II
Vanguard (it's now F2P)

All of these except Vanguard are on Steam btw.

There's plenty of others, including many Korean imports like C9, Maestia, Dungeon Nest etc.

#15 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:19

The only one I still play is BattleForge.

Might play SWTOR again when its F2P but I doubt it.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!