Photo

SEAL who wrote Bin Laden Raid book identified.

fox news outs navy seal

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 CW-88

CW-88

||Modified||

• 582 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:53

wow, I can't quite believe his real name has been revealed. Surely fox news can be in serious trouble because of this??? He clearly didnt want his name publicised as he used a false name for the book so what gives fox news the right to do this

#32 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:06

I think it's wrong he's been outed really.

He's doing the work he's been told to by the US Government. He shouldn't be identified as an individual (IMHO). Ironic really too that Fox did it, given how much noise Fox make about their patriotism and so forth.

Yeah, I found that very ironic.

#33 Nerd Rage

Nerd Rage

RAGE!

• 872 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 14:26

What he was doing was unpatriotic. He knew the military and the US government didn't want any details like he wrote released, and yet he did it anyway. I don't agree with what Fox did in publicly outing him. They should have just let military officials know so he could be punished accordingly.

#34 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 14:35

Breaking news: Fox News reports first fact ever. Internet tough guys up in arms saying Fox News is evil for reporting facts.

You guys should really pick one. Normally you claim everything Fox News reports is not true, and now, only because it makes Fox News look bad, you ignore that you normally say Fox News doesn't ever speak the truth, and run with it the other way.

They should have just let military officials know so he could be punished accordingly.

They already knew or it couldn't have been confirmed. At the same time though, we know it was never confirmed because Fox News doesn't fact check and never reports the truth according to the OP. (look at any other thread about Fox News, you'll see the OP state exactly that just about every time, unless of course he needs it to be truth make them look bad)

#35 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,273 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:30

I think it's wrong he's been outed really.

He's doing the work he's been told to by the US Government. He shouldn't be identified as an individual (IMHO). Ironic really too that Fox did it, given how much noise Fox make about their patriotism and so forth.

I think Fox News did it because they saw the writing of a book like this as unpatriotic since you took an oath to remian silent about your activity to the country

#36 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:49

What he was doing was unpatriotic. He knew the military and the US government didn't want any details like he wrote released, and yet he did it anyway. I don't agree with what Fox did in publicly outing him. They should have just let military officials know so he could be punished accordingly.

how was it unpatriotic.

#37 NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• 3,078 posts
  • Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:58

I bought the book and so far it's a great read. If you do some research you will know he is not making money on this book and all proceeds are going to wounded warriors. Everything in this book has been made public knowledge and he lists all of his sources in the book on where to obtain the information. The guy still has not gotten in trouble so that must say something. People are making this a much bigger deal than it needs to be.

#38 Nerd Rage

Nerd Rage

RAGE!

• 872 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 16:00

how was it unpatriotic.

Going against your country, that's almost the definition of unpatriotic.

#39 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 17:11

Going against your country, that's almost the definition of unpatriotic.

he didn't really go against the country. And he is giving all the money to a charity for wounded soldiers and marines.

#40 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,273 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:55

he didn't really go against the country. And he is giving all the money to a charity for wounded soldiers and marines.

actually he did go against his country in the sense he signed a pledge to never divulge information about what happens with the SEALS... and well guess what he did! the seals are technically part of the country / gov, he went against orders, therefore he did go against his country

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!