Any chance of adding a LGBT forum?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 what

what

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:09

I wouldn't call it segregation...

I would. It'd be a forum straight people aren't supposed to engage in. If that isn't the case, there's no need for a separate forum O_o

#32 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:10

You guys are really dove on this like sharks... :/

There is a valid point that all the topics about gay rights and whatnot get merged into one big mess.

#33 OP Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Droid Bionic

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:11

Because it's self-entitlement. Why should YOUR community specifically have it's own section on a forum that has nothing to do with LGBT?

Wow... I can't believe the resentment people are spewing over a simple suggestion. Seriously, it wouldn't kill you if we had an LGBT forum here. It wouldn't kill you if we had a Pastafarian forum... Or a Religious discussion forum (though that would most definitely devolve into a shouting fest 24/7 lol)..

It was a suggestion. Get over yourself.

#34 DrCheese

DrCheese

Tell me i'm your national anthem

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:13

Because first and foremost, this is a tech forum. Not a relationship/sexuality forum.

Your sexuality should have no baring on the majority of topics discussed on this forum. It would be as stupid as separating females, blacks, asians, whites, people with disabilities, people who like fish, people who like mayonnaise (Sickos :p) and so on into separate subforums.

Wow... I can't believe the resentment people are spewing over a simple suggestion. Seriously, it wouldn't kill you if we had an LGBT forum here. It wouldn't kill you if we had a Pastafarian forum... Or a Religious discussion forum (though that would most definitely devolve into a shouting fest 24/7 lol)..

Yes... it was a suggestion on a discussion forum, this is a discussion :x No one is "resenting" just discussing (Strongly, yes) their views on the suggestion

#35 what

what

Neowinian Senior

Get over yourself.

dat irony

#36 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Get over yourself. This is a tech forum.

#37 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:14

Because first and foremost, this is a tech forum. Not a relationship/sexuality forum.

Your sexuality should have no baring on the majority of topics discussed on this forum. It would be as stupid as separating females, blacks, asians, whites, people with disabilities, people who like fish, people who like mayonnaise (Sickos :p) and so on into separate subforums.

I got bored with ConcealCarry.org. I am now suggesting Neowin open a Conceal Carry subforum so I have a proper place to badger KingCracker and DocM on the differences as to why we own firearms.

#38 DaveLegg

DaveLegg

Coderator at heart

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:15

I think the suggestion was merely as a way to discuss multiple LGBT topics, which is difficult in a single thread (referring to the official LGBT thread we have). That said, I don't think there are enough topics to dedicate an entire subforum to their discussion.

#39 OP Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:15

And as far as it being a Queer folk only forum.... Straight allies would obviously be welcome.... Hell, let the haters post too if they want.... Lord knows they do it already in the "official homosexuality thread" lol....

#40 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:16

And as far as it being a Queer folk only forum.... Straight allies would obviously be welcome.... Hell, let the haters post too if they want.... Lord knows they do it already in the "official homosexuality thread" lol....

If straights are welcome, why the need for your own subsection? On a TECH site? Do you feel it serves the cause of the LBGT community to self segregate?

#41 Aeikus

Aeikus

Neowinian

Because you keep pressing it. A LGBT forum serves no purpose on a Tech News site. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

#42 OP Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

If straights are welcome, why the need for your own subsection? On a TECH site?

LOL... This conversation is highly circular. :p

#43 shockz

shockz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:17

Any LGBT topic is a disaster already, an entire section would be a nightmare.

My two cents... RWI/DP should be more than enough to cover these issues, Neowin already is too generalized imo, it's focus should be on tech... not all sorts of other things.

#44 OP Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:18

Because you keep pressing it. A LGBT forum serves no purpose on a Tech News site. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

True, but neither does the "It's a conspiracy!" subforum. It's not like we don't already have off-topic subforums.

#45 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:18

I do not see any harm in such a thing existing however, you would have to make a lot of other threads at the same time just to make other folks happy as well.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!