335 posts in this topic

Posted

Check you have latest drivers for steering wheel too.

Posted

Great news everyone, Slightly Mad Studios just announced that [B]Nicolas Hamilton[/B] (Lewis Hamilton brother) just joined the project as a handling Consultant!

[quote=Press Release]
Slightly Mad Studios is delighted to announce the newest contributor to Project CARS as real-life racing driver Nicolas Hamilton has joined the studio as Handling Consultant for the new title.

Nicolas is an excellent fit for Project CARS as his experience combines vast knowledge from racing in the real world and roots in simulation racing, allowing him to understand both sides and effectively help Project CARS fulfil its potential.

Born in Herfordshire, England, in 1992, Nicolas was brought up in the motorsports world alongside older brother Lewis. Born with Cerebral Palsy, Nicolas has always made sure this wouldn

Posted

Great news everybody! /James May

I still haven't had much time to play this game, need to start playing. :(

Posted

I think next month I may donate so I can gain access to the game's current phase of development. Only question is, can I play it without a steering wheel? I only have a 360 pad, other than a KB/mouse obviously.

Posted

[quote name='LOC' timestamp='1352844142' post='595317936']
I think next month I may donate so I can gain access to the game's current phase of development. Only question is, can I play it without a steering wheel? I only have a 360 pad, other than a KB/mouse obviously.
[/quote]
Yes, you can play with the 360 controller. ;)

Posted

Yeah I figured as much, since it's supposed to be a console game as well at some point. I was just to lazy to open the Steam browser and look while shooting (not Nazi) Zombies :D Thanks though sir :p

Posted

I thought they closed donations for new members, and allowed existing members to purchase upgrades?

Posted

[quote name='LOC' timestamp='1352844142' post='595317936']
[/quote]
[quote name='tsupersonic' timestamp='1352845798' post='595318020']
I thought they closed donations for new members, and allowed existing members to purchase upgrades?
[/quote]

The funding is closed, there will be no new members allowed from now on. Unless they open some sort of contest or giveaway some accounts but it may take a while until that happens.

Posted

Oh well, guess they don't want my money anymore. Seems like an odd choice, but hey it's their game after all.

Posted

A new trailer from Jonz has been released, this time it showcases multiplayer footage only, recorded ingame!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNMSB4-ggNg[/media]

The winners from the Thrustmaster event also been announced @ the main forums, go check if you are one of them !

Posted

That's such bologna that Jonz takes televised races like that and tries to pass them off as in game footage that he makes into trailers. I mean come on, how stupid does he think we are?!
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='LeviathanPT' timestamp='1353523330' post='595339840']The winners from the Thrustmaster event also been announced @ the main forums, go check if you are one of them ![/quote]
I wasn't one of them. :(
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='LOC' timestamp='1352873225' post='595318950']
Oh well, guess they don't want my money anymore. Seems like an odd choice, but hey it's their game after all.
[/quote]

Sure they do. You'll be able to buy it when it goes gold in the usual places.

Posted

Hi there everyone,

Been a while since my last post and alot have happened in the meanwhile, but before heading into the good news heres a bad one, the Project CARS - 2 day opening that has been spoken to allow new members has been delayed for a while due to external circumstances.
As soon as theres some updates on this matter be sure that i will come here and tell you guys, so be sure to subscribe this thread!

So lets head to the good news!

- [B]The STIG[/B] is back from his adventures and along with[B] Nicolas Hamilton[/B] have been helping the developers improve the physics on many cars, it is still far from finished but showing a huge progress already!
- A new track has been added to the current available list - [B][I]Emirates Raceway[/I] - Dubai Autodrome[/B]
- The [B]Ford GT40 MkIV[/B] has been added recently to the list
- Wet effects added to many tracks
- The Community liveries from the Z4 Contest have been added ingame and are now available to select
- The M1 Procar livery contest had alot of submissions from the Community and the voting currently is underway, be sure to vote in your favorite livery!
- Soft-stop and other steering wheel improvements have been checked in
[U][B]And much more !![/B][/U] [I](wouldnt fit in here)[/I]

Oh and as you know, the best is usually left for last... so heres a bombshell still hot (announced just now) that any racing fan will enjoy:

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic]Solitude Rennstrecke - [SIZE=4]Pre[SIZE=4]-alpha [SIZE=4]export[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]!

[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]That's right guys, the first export just came out a few minutes ago and it will be available soon to every Project CARS members!

[I]The legendary Solitude races began in 1903 with a hillclimb sprint for motorcycles starting downtown from Stuttgart

Posted

Good to see a new update on here. :)
1 person likes this

Posted

How does the handling compare with SimBin racers, i.e. GTR2, Race 07? Is the support for G27 good? Any release date yet?

Gosh if the physics are good (i.e. rather like GTR2 than Shift) I am absolutely getting this. It'll justify my massive computer upgrade when Haswell comes out. :p

Posted

Support for the G27 is pretty good, theres alot of info and other players currently using that wheel. You also have a default profile set ingame for the G27 and different pedals combos.

Physics are more alike GTR2 than Shift or Shift2, the concept of this game is to be a racing simulator and not a simcade or something alike. The road is still long until the perfect physics can be achieved but we have alot of help from the community, Ben Collins aka The STIG and Nicolas Hamilton.
1 person likes this

Posted

A new month has begun, so it
1 person likes this

Posted

First trailer of the year by our community member Jonz!

[media]http://vimeo.com/58867684[/media]

Hope you enjoy!

Posted

YES! The E30 M3 and the SLS AMG, muy bueno! Now that there are licensed Mercedes/BMW, I can't wait till they expand to more models!
1 person likes this

Posted

This week there will be a huge updated in the physics and force feedback department ! Get your gear ready guys! :D

Posted

Is this project ever gonna come out in retail form? When will we be able to buy this?

Posted

The game is [u]expected[/u] to be released in the end of the 2013, but something could happen that change this ^^
It will be released in digital and physical box versions.

Posted

[quote name='LeviathanPT' timestamp='1360101180' post='595503614']
This week there will be a huge updated in the physics and force feedback department ! Get your gear ready guys! :D
[/quote]

Say when its live please. Will update, Has the track clipping been fixed yet ?

Posted

The update is up, but i suggest you [b][url="http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?12736-Build-402-%288-2-13-Team-Member-%29"]read the forums first [/url][/b]before trying as it requires some FFB files to improve the FFB overall feeling. Dont forget to delete your profile when installing the new patch.
Then go and try some of the cars like the Focus RS, Pirault Mega RS, Caterham R500, Formula B (has 3 tire models for testing you can read @ the link above).