Man writes application letter to woman on Facebook, wanting boyfriend

When a student posted a note on Facebook post saying she was looking for a boyfriend, she expected a few wisecracks in response to her online 'joke'.

But one potential suitor appeared to take the invitation very seriously - or perhaps wickedly tongue-in-cheek - when he slipped an application for the 'position' of boyfriend under her dorm room door.

Far from trying to woo the young woman with romance, the neatly-typed note reads precisely like a covering letter for a job application - with hilarious results.

In the comical letter, which was published on Imgur, the hopeful 'applicant' tries to win over the young woman by boasting of his 'skills' such as cuddling, a tolerance for shopping, the ability to 'really listen' and oral sex.

And he ends the application with the phrase: 'I certainly hope to have an opportunity to work with you, your friends and your family.'

The woman in question posted the letter on the online image gallery Imgur - and has received a variety of responses to the application, with some urging her to go out with him.

In, he wrote: 'I am writing to you in regard to the position of boyfriend.

'I became aware of this position through the social networking website, Facebook.

'I feel I am well-qualified for the position that is offered, as I am a caring individual and an all-round good person

'Skill set includes: Being laid-back, having stability, cuddling, country music appreciation, tolerance for shopping, oral sex, ability to listen (read "really listen"), exceptional navigation skills and ability to prepare own meals.'

In a bid to bolster his appeal as boyfriend material, the suitor also boasts of his competence as a gamer.

He added: 'I understand the ability to play video games is a desirable trait. While holding an xBox Live Platinum account, I was able to remain on the Call Of Duty two and three top 10 leader boards for a seven-month period.

'I have become competent with Sony Playstation 3 entertainment system and I am also fluent in 1337 5p341< [leet speak, a secret language used by internet enthusiasts].

'I have included my resume of qualifications with this letter. I certainly hope to have an opportunity to work with you, your friends, and your family.

'I firmly believe that my past experiences, education and skills make me a very good fit for your boyfriend position.'

source

I wonder why the daily fail didn't take a mockery of the woman who posts on her facebook status requests for boyfriends.

Anyway, did anyone else notice that he can prepare a meal for himself, yet he says nothing about cooking a meal for her or that he does his own laundry ?

Sounds like a decent guy on paper, but I bet he's addicted to the web, video games, and probably has half-naked Asian girls (real or anime) on his phone. Like someone else said, probably some kind of psychopath. But he can use grammar and punctuation, so it's still a step up from your typical sports bar trash.