Photo

Internet Explorer 10 not showing its Jump List.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:10

Hmm. I don't work with Brandon at all, so not sure if it's normal for him to reply to PM's on here or not.

I do know there is a 'smiley face' button in Office 2013 that you can click and select the frown, and that should pop up the ability to file feedback.

#17 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:24

Denis, in that case did you try the instructions that I provided earlier to see if that fixes your case?

I tried deleting the jumplist files but it made no difference with IE. (It did however temporarily take out Explorer's jumplist, as expected.) The settings in taskbar properties are both ticked.

I'll try uninstalling Office 2013 in a bit - may also reinstall the click-to-run Office 365 instead of the MSI build.

#18 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:36

I tried deleting the jumplist files but it made no difference with IE. (It did however temporarily take out Explorer's jumplist, as expected.) The settings in taskbar properties are both ticked.

I'll try uninstalling Office 2013 in a bit - may also reinstall the click-to-run Office 365 instead of the MSI build.

Hmm definitely sounds like you're getting bit by the same bug then, but with a different build...that's odd.

#19 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 17:46

Hmm definitely sounds like you're getting bit by the same bug then, but with a different build...that's odd.

I've tried uninstalling Office 2013 and the jumplist's not there. :/ Also tried a restart in case that was it, but no luck.

#20 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 18:05

I also realized that updates aren't available for the Office 2013 MSI version. The button to control updates appears in the Office 365 preview but not 2013. :huh:

#21 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2012 - 20:07

I also realized that updates aren't available for the Office 2013 MSI version. The button to control updates appears in the Office 365 preview but not 2013. :huh:

Huh...that's weird. I haven't had much of a chance to play with Office 2013 yet. :(

#22 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:03

Not sure if this matters much, but the jumplists created by pinning sites (like Neowin) to the taskbar - those jumplists work.

Also, IE9 and IE10's recent items jumplist is stored as 28c8b86deab549a1.automaticDestinations-ms. Tried deleting that and rebooting, but IE refuses to recreate the file. However, if you try pinning a site to the jumplist, the file will reappear.

#23 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:45

Somehow the jumplist fixed itself. :s

However I think it might have to do with the fact I cleared IE's history, so if your IE jumplist is also broken give that a shot.

#24 UXGaurav

UXGaurav

Tried Classic Shell? It has 25 million+ downloads & growing

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:56

IE jump lists break very frequently for me even if all other jump lists are working.