122 posts in this topic

Posted

NEW YORK

Posted

Regardless of a supposed obesity epidemic, this is still ridiculous. I don't see how they are even allowed to do something like this legally. The government needs to back the hell off. If we want to get fat, let us. It's not their right to control how much food we eat, nor how much we drink.

2 people like this

Posted

^ I agree -- live and die free. :laugh:

Posted

Now the Government is telling us what we can drink, how much. Can you order two?

Posted

Indeed somebody call the hague war crimes tribunal, This is a crime bordering on genocide!

8f034196.jpg

Give me my 1L soda or give me death!

Posted

As the public cant control themselves hence the obesity problem in America !!!!! and EU , I support this.

2 people like this

Posted

As the public cant control themselves hence the obesity problem in America !!!!! and EU , I support this.

What obesity problem? What makes what we do with our bodies any of your business?

Posted

What obesity problem? What makes what we do with our bodies any of your business?

Because I foot the bill when you keel over or take up beds in hospitals, requiring treatment.

6 people like this

Posted

I am not fat, if you are try running, it works. Do not try to tell others how to live.

Posted

If we did not tell people how to live the world will be a worse place.

Just say I fanced going around trashing everything in the street, why should I get told not to do that?

I fancy taking class A drugs then go into a shop and make a scene , why stop me , nothing wrong with that?

Posted

Because I foot the bill when you keel over or take up beds in hospitals, requiring treatment.

That makes no sense. You make it sound like we don't pay taxes. And no, I'm not fat, not even close. But I fast food eat and drink (soda) a lot. Just because you hate fat people, doesn't mean we all do. And doesn't give you any right to choose how we live. Don't even start with "trashing everything and taking drugs, etc". Soda doesn't lead to that. We're talking about a simple beverage here. You can't go off the deep end as an argument. If we did that, we wouldn't have any freedoms at all.

Posted

I don't hate fat people and I do have fast food every so often , i under stand you pay taxes like I, but as more people get diabetes , and requite other help treatments the overall cost to health will rise and rise which will effect me.

I know the soda drink is small , but could you compare it to smoking, damages your health and causes a higher health bill , without second hand smoking part of course.

Posted

If we did not tell people how to live the world will be a worse place.

Just say I fanced going around trashing everything in the street, why should I get told not to do that?

I fancy taking class A drugs then go into a shop and make a scene , why stop me , nothing wrong with that?

Who are you God? What gives you or anyone else the authority to tell me or anyone what to eat and or drink? Taking illegal drugs and trashing property violates the law of society.

Posted

I am not fat, if you are try running, it works.

You can't run when you are fat. :shifty:

Posted

If DrakeN2K is anything like me it's not fat people he dislikes, but anyone who fails to see how their own actions can lead to limiting the availability of healtcare to someone who hasn't abused their body.

However I agree this is ridiculous, a much fairer solution is taxing unhealty foods higher to pay for the increased burder on the health systems around the world. Just like fuel is taxed to pay for roads, and you pay for tickets depending on how much you use the train.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

WRONG-- IDIOTS (the NYC Board of Heath)

Just because you ban something only being over a certain size--does not fix the problem

Guess what you just did---

HELLO --- REFILLS ---

Plus as a side benefit that same person now will buy two instead of one. (So now N.Y. will get more tax) (and places will now charge for refills)

This is one of those where the theory sounds sound, but in reality will fail.

Edited by Denis W
Don't abuse font formatting.

Posted

If DrakeN2K is anything like me it's not fat people he dislikes, but anyone who fails to see how their own actions can lead to limiting the availability of healtcare to someone who hasn't abused their body.

However I agree this is ridiculous, a much fairer solution is taxing unhealty foods higher to pay for the increased burder on the health systems around the world. Just like fuel is taxed to pay for roads, and you pay for tickets depending on how much you use the train.

Actually, it's not really fairer. If you can, watch the Penn & Teller: bull**** episode on Fast Food (Season 8 I believe). Taxing isn't going to benefit anyone. It is going to hurt those who eat fast food the most, which are usually the people who can't afford to eat nice home cooked meals on a daily basis.

Posted

Seems to me limiting doughnut sales would be more effective. :p

Posted

Exactly how does this help anything when most places have free refills?

Posted

Just jack up the tax rate for drinks over a certain size, most people will simply avoid them.

Posted

So basically, people will refill or buy two. More money for the state.

See, they're not dumb - they know what they're doing. ;)

Posted

They can pass all the legislation they want. People are going to do what they want. This solves nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually, it's not really fairer. If you can, watch the Penn & Teller: bull**** episode on Fast Food (Season 8 I believe). Taxing isn't going to benefit anyone. It is going to hurt those who eat fast food the most, which are usually the people who can't afford to eat nice home cooked meals on a daily basis.

Thats the problem though the poorest and thus those lowest paying tax are swallowing up expensive healthcare. I don't quite buy it will hurt the poor, it would simply price them out of buying junk food, as home cooked food is cheaper than fast food anywhere in the world already. Making fast food cheap only makes the problem worse.

In the UK all "essentials" food items are tax free, eat healthy(-ish) eat tax free.

EDIT:

Good home cooked food can cost less than

Posted

Thats the problem though the poorest and thus those lowest paying tax are swallowing up expensive healthcare. I don't quite buy it will hurt the poor, it would simply price them out of buying junk food, as home cooked food is cheaper than fast food anywhere in the world already. Making fast food cheap only makes the problem worse.

In the UK all "essentials" food items are tax free, eat healthy(-ish) eat tax free.

EDIT:

Good home cooked food can cost less than

Posted

Because we all know prohibition works right?