No love for the D600?

In my case I would go A99 which is supposed to be based around the same Sony sensor as the D600 with some improvements. Then again, two of my four lenses are APS-C only, including my Carl-Zeiss zoom, so I'd have to update those anyway.

My initial thoughts were that the D600 was way overpriced. The more I look into it, the more I see it's a decent value.

I wish it had a little higher FPS... 5.5's pretty low. Also it tops out at 1/4000. I can't count how many times I wish my D90 went to 1/8000!

D800 is even slower FPS but has some extra features and body strength that seem to make it worth the extra $900.

The decision to make a purchase for me is quite easy; I've no free time and I don't shoot anything any more. No need to buy anything :p

My initial thoughts were that the D600 was way overpriced. The more I look into it, the more I see it's a decent value. I wish it had a little higher FPS... 5.5's pretty low. Also it tops out at 1/4000. I can't count how many times I wish my D90 went to 1/8000! D800 is even slower FPS but has some extra features and body strength that seem to make it worth the extra $900. The decision to make a purchase for me is quite easy; I've no free time and I don't shoot anything any more. No need to buy anything :p

Exactly on that same boat... :(

On the shutter deal I think i've only once or twice wished to have 1/8000, but I guess to each is own.

I still think the D800 much better than the D600.

That's a no-brainer... Though buying $3,000 worth of camera equipment when I don't make a living out of it, is pretty hard to justify :p

In my case I would go A99 which is supposed to be based around the same Sony sensor as the D600 with some improvements. Then again, two of my four lenses are APS-C only, including my Carl-Zeiss zoom, so I'd have to update those anyway.

I saw some comments on the a99 on dpreview, that price will be $2800 body only? That's d800 territory :p

That's a no-brainer... Though buying $3,000 worth of camera equipment when I don't make a living out of it, is pretty hard to justify :p

I thought it was 2800$ and the D600 is a bit over 2000$ Sure hard to justify. I do make a bit money on my shots. I am a 5dmIII guy but i keep giving the eye to the D800. Its really nice. LOL. The D600 is the same as the 6D to me. Just does not do it for me.

I thought it was 2800$ and the D600 is a bit over 2000$ Sure hard to justify. I do make a bit money on my shots. I am a 5dmIII guy but i keep giving the eye to the D800. Its really nice. LOL. The D600 is the same as the 6D to me. Just does not do it for me.

HMM no $2999..00 at amazon body only.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D800-FX-Format-Digital-Camera/dp/B0076AYNXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348516994&sr=8-1&keywords=d800

I saw some comments on the a99 on dpreview, that price will be $2800 body only? That's d800 territory :p

Well, the A99 is a higher end camera than the D600...

Larger, more robust and less plasticky

More (cross type) focus points

More crop modes

Compact Flash support

Viewfinder curtain!

Compatible with existing viewfinder accessories (DK-17M/DK-19 combo is just awesome)

Better exposure metering sensor (91000-pixel vs 2016-pixel)

1/250 flash sync speed (vs 1/200)

AF-ON and metering controls on the back!

Overall layout of the controls