Banshee (Cinemax Series)

'Banshee' Returns With Guns Blazing: What's Next For The Smart Action Drama

Given the premise of "Banshee," it seems like one of those shows that just can't run forever. Do you have a time frame in mind for how far you want to take it?
We definitely have a sensitivity to the fact that the central premise of this show has a time limit on it. We always felt that we could work within that universe for about five seasons of 10 episodes, and then either we would find a place for the show to evolve, and if not, we always knew what the ending of the show was. So we would either make it a five-season show or be open to any organic evolution that comes. We were not going to be writing eight seasons of a fake sheriff.

Right. I think that one of the things that's so enjoyable about the show is it feels very concentrated. It doesn't feel like you're stowing stuff away for later.
We treat each season like our last season. We kind of know the show is doing well and we will get renewed, but we never say, "Let's hold that for Season 5." Anything we can think of, we put out there while we still got a crew and a cast and a budget.

• 2 weeks later...

season 3 episode 3, the fist & gun scenes were entertaining :)  

Burton was great, firstly he was disadvantaged by the axes & later he fought to survive ; my thought would be he & procter as the main villain in the series & rebecca hasn't matured to be independent, he would not be kill off unless there is a reliable replacement

Nolan was too self conceit thinking she could take on 3 of them, without weapons her fist was nothing to Burton not to mention Procter ; if she allied with her tribe & fought, that would be even more interesting  :laugh: but her tribe very disorientated  (N)

was rather amazed Brock managed to survive the gun fights :innocent: 

• 2 weeks later...

episode 5, initially Chayton wanted to kill Proctor & Raven, then later he said all cannot be spared  but

suddenly he was very satisfied that once Siobhan killed , he retreated

(N)  ; whether killing one or all he still end up a wanted criminal :rolleyes:

it was just ridiculous to kill 2 people must siege the Police Station & announced to the whole world they were the killers & the whole lot became wanted criminals :hmmm:  

really hope the Marine base robbery & what follows up on this robbery is epic , not disappointment  :p

I think he

wanted Hood to suffer for the time being and go through a loss like what he did with his brother. Also, just after he had done it, you could hear the sirens so he wouldn't want to stay around for much longer

I think he

wanted Hood to suffer for the time being and go through a loss like what he did with his brother. Also, just after he had done it, you could hear the sirens so he wouldn't want to stay around for much longer

it is an episode just to play on people emotions which is not necessary to siege the Police Station & to act up a gun scene

Hood didn't kill his brother, why bother since blood for blood ?

during that episode 3 confrontation Hood wasn't even present ; also Chayton demanded handover of Proctor & Raven that for Nola & his brother only , not all those police that involved killing his tribe during gun fire

it is an episode just to play on people emotions which is not necessary to siege the Police Station & to act up a gun scene

Hood didn't kill his brother, why bother since blood for blood ?

during that episode 3 confrontation Hood wasn't even present ; also Chayton demanded handover of Proctor & Raven that for Nola & his brother only , not all those police that involved killing his tribe during gun fire

Hood was/is protecting his brother's killer, not to mention has killed/is responsible for all the other deaths of the RedBone gang so I would certainly expect Chayton to hold him responsible too. Also, even if Hood did hand over Proctor and Raven, I reckon Chayton would have killed Hood etc. anyway after all he hates white people and especially cops + already has issues with Hood from the previous time they met in season 2 iirc.

He made those demands before the deaths/big shootout right before Hood told him to xxxx off :p

But yes it was obviously shot that way in order to have the shoot out scene etc. Could they have made it a bit more realistic/to the point? Yes but it would it have been as good as what we saw? Probably not.

Either way it was a fantastic episode, currently got 9.7 on IMDB, the highest rated episode of season 3 so far.

Hood was/is protecting his brother's killer, not to mention has killed/is responsible for all the other deaths of the RedBone gang so I would certainly expect Chayton to hold him responsible too. Also, even if Hood did hand over Proctor and Raven, I reckon Chayton would have killed Hood etc. anyway after all he hates white people and especially cops + already has issues with Hood from the previous time they met in season 2 iirc.

He made those demands before the deaths/big shootout right before Hood told him to xxxx off :p

But yes it was obviously shot that way in order to have the shoot out scene etc. Could they have made it a bit more realistic/to the point? Yes but it would it have been as good as what we saw? Probably not.

Either way it was a fantastic episode, currently got 9.7 on IMDB, the highest rated episode of season 3 so far.

it was precisely nearly everyone in the police station also got bad blood with Chayton & his tribe, he shouldn't just make demand on Proctor & Raven but the whole police station should pay & that would justify the siege of the police station & the subsequent shoot out scene  :rolleyes:  

• 2 weeks later...

episode 8, the result of rebecca double-cross his uncle client & the part of burton being ... was expected, the ending part showing Colonel Stowe 1st acts of tackling his lost was the saving for this episode  :/

the joker of the episode, the way Job tackle Oscar Jr.  :laugh:

Bit disappointed with the Chayton fight but apart from that, it was enjoyable especially the shotgun scene :D Love Burton, such an awesome character, expect that we will see him saving Kai although I reckon Kai's new lady friend will get killed.