Jump to content
Posted 23 September 2012 - 23:41
Posted 23 September 2012 - 23:45
Posted 23 September 2012 - 23:56
1. The iPod 5G has an IPS display now, as opposed to the iPhone 5 which has In-Cell display technology.
Hi. I have a few questions regarding the new iPod 5.
1. The iPhone 4 had a better screen than iPod 4, as iPod didn't have that IPS display technology.
Is it the same case with iPod 5 and iPhone 5? Or do they have the same display?
2. Will their be an iPod 5 with memory less than 32Gb? I don't use that much space.
3. Does the iPod 5 have a GPS chip?
Send from iPod 4
I'm pretty sure the iPod 4g had the same display as the iPhone 4, the iPod touch just had a not as good camera
I've compared the screen of my iPod Touch to my cousin's iPhone 4 and the screens are the same
2. if they do make a smaller model, it won't be for another year probably
3. it doesn't mention GPS on the tech specs on Apples web site so no
Posted 24 September 2012 - 15:38
Posted 24 September 2012 - 15:45
The previous iPod Touch (fourth generation) sported a display the same resolution as the iPhone 4/4S, but it was not the same display. The iPod Touch’s retina display was lesser — less saturated, less vibrant. So too was it in the pre-retina era. Not anymore. I double-checked with Apple after the event and what Joswiak said on stage is the truth — the new Touch sports the exact same display as the iPhone 5.
Posted 24 September 2012 - 17:44
Hmm, that's cool.
The iPod touch 5th gen has the exact same display as the iPhone 5.
I saw this confirmed by a couple of other sites as well.
I doubt there will be a 16GB version this year. It doesn't have a GPS chip.