iOS 6 and youtube.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 25 September 2012 - 21:30

I haven't tried it anywhere else. I was thinking it's because youtube isnt hard wired in to IOS anymore. Is that possible?

That might be the case.

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 25 September 2012 - 22:12

Wow, I'm beginning to think iOS 6 is a terrible update.

#18 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

Posted 25 September 2012 - 22:19

remember Jobs saying, "Youtube does HD"? How did we go from that to this??? Gotta love the walled iWorld. iOS6 botched video playback on my iPad as well.

#19 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 25 September 2012 - 22:30

I'll second this from my iPhone 4S. BTW, did anybody give a try to a new YouTube player called 'Jasmine'. I finding it pretty neat (Though installing it does nothing to solve this problem)

Been using Jasmine on my iPhone 5 since day 1 and LOVE it. I also put it on my wifes 4s and daughters 4. Only problem is it requires iOS6 so I can not put it on my 1st Gen iPad.

#20 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 October 2012 - 19:29

so just an update, as of the past few days I notice that I can not play some videos in Jasmine or any other youtube client. It says content blocked from playback by Youtube, yet I can open it up and play it in youtube without issue... Wonder if Youtube is trying to block all other media players but its own now?

#21 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:00

so just an update, as of the past few days I notice that I can not play some videos in Jasmine or any other youtube client. It says content blocked from playback by Youtube, yet I can open it up and play it in youtube without issue... Wonder if Youtube is trying to block all other media players but its own now?

https://twitter.com/...921183770017792 (@jasemorrissey is the developer for Jasmine).

#22 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:07

It isn't just iOS 6; I get the same problem on iOS 5.1.1. I'm having the exact same issue. I think it is something that Google changed, not something Apple changed.

I hadn't noticed until I tried to watch the debate last night on my iPhone. I had to rage/quit that because it wasn't getting me anywhere (and f*** me if I could find the debate in the new Google YouTube app...). Eventually just watched it on my mac.

#23 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 October 2012 - 22:23

https://twitter.com/...921183770017792 (@jasemorrissey is the developer for Jasmine).

Yeah actually after making the post, I opened back up the Jasmine app and there is an Announcement that explains whats going on and he doesn't blame Google at all.

IMG_0264.PNG

#24 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 October 2012 - 22:37

Sees to work depending on where you are looking. This works on both my iPhone and my iPad on iOS6.

http://www.professor.../bios-and-cmos/