38 replies to this topic

#16 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:45

Taken (american) football more seriously back in high school. :rofl:
Seems petty, but there is nothing more I want than to be back out on the field. Unfortunately, one dream that is nearly impossible to remedy now. :(

#17 Joseph B

Joseph B

Neowinian Senior

• 2,797 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:46

I wish I spent more time with my father. I wish I could tell him I forgive him. So many things have happened since he passed, that I wish I could just share with him. I wish I could have at least shared one drink with him. Just one.

#18 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 1,774 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:55

I wish I picked up more languages in school.
That would have made my current life easier and more interesting

#19 +Medfordite

Medfordite

Neowinian Senior

• 2,382 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Axiom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:38

Like others- probably appreciate the ones I have lost more, taken more time listening to my late Grandfather's stories he used to tell (he was blind and loved to tell stories that as kids we thought were boring), and build a stronger relationship with my Dad who passed in 2007.

#20 vetsanctified

sanctified

A promise to myself: to be harder, to not care, to be cool.

• 20,555 posts
  • Phone: ..

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:41

My clinical depression. Maybe my looks.

#21 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:26

wow, alcohol must do the same thing to my brain every time, I was about to make the same thread, but thanks to Neowins thread history thing, it told me I already did :p

So, with that said... "BUMP" !

#22 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 12 years on Neowin

• 19,836 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:29

I would love to have an excellent work ethic, and not see it as a huge life downer that stops me from enjoying life.

#23 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,894 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:46

There was this girl that I liked for ages, we were one of those weirdly close best friend type deals and I thought I had been friend zoned. A year ago she got together with this guy and she really likes him, a couple of months ago one of her other friends was talking to me and she asked why I had never made a move on the girl and I said it's because we were just good friends and that I did like her but just didn't think she was into me. Then her friend told me that she had liked me for about 2 years and she kept flirting with me but I just ignored it. I'd convinced myself that she didn't like me so whenever she flirted with me I acted awkward or brushed it off thinking it was a joke and because of that she gave up and went elsewhere.

I've changed that now, and not just when it comes to woman, if I want something to happen then I don't just sit around telling myself that it won't or waiting for it to happen itself, I make it happen... or at least try :p

So long story short the only thing I'd change is the timing of me growing some balls to a year and a half ago!

#24 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

• 980 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:46

Earlier in my life I would have said my height. I'm between 5' 5" - 5' 6" and I used to want to be taller in my late teens / early twenties, but to be honest it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Can't really think of anything else, maybe a better memory? :p

#25 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:48

I would love to have an excellent work ethic, and not see it as a huge life downer that stops me from enjoying life.

I've got something about work I wish I could change, not sure if it relates to you or not,

I look at people who work, work as a whole, and then life, and I see one thing only,

You work to live, and you live to work, then you get a few years as a grey old person, then you die.

I've got a bee in my bonnet about that, I continuously think, "What TF is the point in life if you spend your days doing something you hate / if you're lucky, like, but still spend your entire able life working just to live ?"

Kinda makes life pointless imo, I know and 100% understand you can not rely on others to survive, and work is 99% of the way out and away from that, but you know what, I disagree, I would prefer to live life in a wooden cabin, miles from anyone, living off the land and have my life to myself / spend with my partner, than donate 90% of my life to someone who needs sausage rolls put in a cardboard packet (example)

My life is mine, and yes I have to pay for what I want, but I would prefer to be without than (and if this was possible) look down at my life in fast forward and see the young me, turn into the old grey me, having done sweet FA other than worked for someone my whole life for no other reason than to be alive....

#26 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

Grand Master

• 1,284 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:53

I wish I was more religious.

#27 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:57

I wish I was more religious.

In what way? You wish you were a better xxxxxx at your religion ? (I put xxxx because each religion has a different name per person, ie. Christian)

I wish I was too, but I guess we could be, if we looked for it ;)

#28 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,077 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:58

I've got something about work I wish I could change, not sure if it relates to you or not,

I look at people who work, work as a whole, and then life, and I see one thing only,

You work to live, and you live to work, then you get a few years as a grey old person, then you die.

I've got a bee in my bonnet about that, I continuously think, "What TF is the point in life if you spend your days doing something you hate / if you're lucky, like, but still spend your entire able life working just to live ?"

Kinda makes life pointless imo, I know and 100% understand you can not rely on others to survive, and work is 99% of the way out and away from that, but you know what, I disagree, I would prefer to live life in a wooden cabin, miles from anyone, living off the land and have my life to myself / spend with my partner, than donate 90% of my life to someone who needs sausage rolls put in a cardboard packet (example)

My life is mine, and yes I have to pay for what I want, but I would prefer to be without than (and if this was possible) look down at my life in fast forward and see the young me, turn into the old grey me, having done sweet FA other than worked for someone my whole life for no other reason than to be alive....

Well said mate! I know the feeling and living that way certainly make's life no worth living. How come we cant live life the way we want to?

Besides that, if I can change something about my life than it would be for everyone to stop pretending I dont exist. I feel like I have to lower my IQ so people can acknowledge me..... :\

#29 Ice_Blue

Ice_Blue

Neowinian

• 1,254 posts
  • Phone: Nokia N8 Belle

Posted 03 November 2012 - 22:01

If you think about it, would you regret the things you did, or the things you didn't do.
The latter is, to me, by far the most important.

That's why I live by the motto: Live each day as if the world is ending tomorrow.

#30 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 22:03

Well said mate! I know the feeling and living that way certainly make's life no worth living. How come we cant live life the way we want to?

Besides that, if I can change something about my life than it would be for everyone to stop pretending I dont exist. I feel like I have to lower my IQ so people can acknowledge me..... :\

;) You exist, as for the IQ thing, I have crap General Knowledge, which, in things like pub quiz's I do horrendously badly, but quiz me about computers and I do just fine

Just because you have an interest in one particular thing, vs most people who know loads about everything but FA about one thing, doesn't give you a low IQ at all

Quiz me about GK I would be as stupid as a monkey

Quiz me about PC's, I'd shine

IQ tests are flawed ;)

EDIT - just re-read your post, you feel you have to lower your IQ to relate to people, well yea, I think people who understand computers, do, in general, have a higher IQ than people who don't, and that is not a dig at non-techy people, just a statement based on experience

But I still hold the above, we might be PC Wizards, but they might be brain surgeons... it all depends on your particular interest I guess :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!