'Disneyland rival' plan for Kent Paramount Pictures theme park

900642075.jpg

A ?2bn entertainment resort which would aim to rival Disneyland Paris could be built in north Kent.

Developers have been granted a licence from Paramount Pictures to use its name on a resort on the Swanscombe Peninsula, near Dartford.

The scheme has been offered "support" by Dartford and Gravesham borough councils.

The site's developer, London Resort Company Holdings, is now looking for further investment for the project.

It estimates the park, which would be based on a former cement works, would create up to 27,000 jobs.

Read More:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-kent-19867695

This is exactly the sort of project we should be seeing to kick start the economy. I'm a huge fan of Disneyland Paris and would love to see a serious rival to it, especially in the UK. I really hope they get the go ahead.

• Like 2

I'm obviously no expert but that figure seems so low for a large theme park.. compared to football stadium costs.

The London Olympic Stadium cost ?0.5bn, while all the Olympic venues put together cost ?1.1bn. If you combine that with the infrastructure costs then it amounts to ?2.9bn, according to this article. I think it's fair to assume that a theme park will cost less than the total construction cost of the London 2012 Olympics. It's worth noting that ?2bn is an awful lot of money, despite all the articles people have read about bank bailouts and budget deficits.

Disney world cost about $331 million to buy land and build.. that was just the original part not the vast park it is today... todays cost that is ~$1.652 billion!

Disney land cost about $17 million to build in 1955 today that would be ~$141 million

• 2 months later...

Forgive the bump, I have just discovered these plans on the save dreamland forum. I really hope this goes to plan, seeing as I live a 30 min walk from the site, it would mean such great things for the area.

Does anyone know anymore info about it? guessing not, but you never know.