fast food qsr magazine complicated menus

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 00:41

If it feels like the King takes a long time to flip your burgers while you’re sitting in the drive-thru, you’re right.

According to a study commissioned by QSR magazine (that’s short-hand for “quick-service restaurants,” by the way), it takes 201.33 seconds – about 3 minutes 20 seconds – on average to get through a Burger King drive-thru. That might not seem like much. But it’s a near-eternity compared to Wendy’s, a perennial winner in QSR’s survey, which gets people in and out of the drive-thru in 129.75 seconds on average, more than a full minute faster.

The King also had the worse accuracy ratings of any of the seven fast-food joints surveyed. BK got orders correct only 83% of the time. Chick-fil-A, on the other hand, correctly got 92.4% of orders right.

Overall, drive-thru times are actually getting worse, probably because fast-food menus are getting more complicated. For the last several years, quick-service restaurants have been sprucing up their menus to better compete with fast casual establishments.

more

#2 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 09 October 2012 - 00:48

eeeeyup.... BK got my last 6 orders wrong and they've been nasty as hell... last time I had chicken nuggets from there I threw up em.... if they can't get those right then eff that!

I'm sticking to fast casuals. APPLEBEE'S IS MASTER RESTAURANT!!!

#3 azspeedbullet

azspeedbullet

Neowinian

• 258 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 00:57

wendy is alot better then bk or mcd

#4 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,773 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:07

wendy is alot better then bk or mcd

^This

Plus, at least in my hometown, their drive-thru is the fastest of any fast food restaurant.

#5 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,599 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:34

The McD's by me is shoving a coke in my hand before I can even put down the receipt and my credit card from the first window.
Wendy's had me waiting what seems like 5-10 minutes. I can't even count BK as a contender as they have NEVER gotten a single order right on the first try.

#6 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:05

I just can't eat that nasty food at BK. Plus, in my area their drive-thru is much slower than their national average.

#7 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:52

I used to like the Whoppers, but now they look like canned prison meat, instead of beef. :s

#8 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 31,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:56

Ahh years ago when I had to go get a McD for me, the gf and her kids I quickly learned to check everything before driving off :/

#9 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,050 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:57

eeeeyup.... BK got my last 6 orders wrong and they've been nasty as hell... last time I had chicken nuggets from there I threw up em.... if they can't get those right then eff that!

I'm sticking to fast casuals. APPLEBEE'S IS MASTER RESTAURANT!!!

Everybody knows your favorite place is Golden Corral.

#10 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,986 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:06

Taco bell for me has been the fastest, Wendys never was fast around Western Pa for me.... Taco Bell they pretty much hand you the food as you hand you the money, fastest I've ever been there from order to done was about 30 seconds... and i'm not kidding... Wendy's around here you average 3+ minutes Burger King here you can sit there sometimes for 6+ minutes... slow as heck... McDonalds is in the middle 1 - 3 minutes usually here

#11 ir0nw0lf

ir0nw0lf

Neowinian Fanatic

• 2,132 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:12

I stopped going through the DT windows at any joint. Seems like they always screw something up, this even after I ask at the window for them to repeat the order... I find it better to simply go physically in the place, that way I can raise a stink right there if the order is pooched. :rofl:

To me, accuracy > time.

#12 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,500 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:17

I hate BK. I'd rather go to DQ or Culver's.

#13 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:18

Local Wendy's here may be somewhat fast, but they also mess up orders and sometimes give you cold, poor quality food, with that 'fastness'.

#14 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,773 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:23

Chick-Fil-A! They definitely aren't the fastest around, but I love their spicy chicken sandwich.

#15 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:28

I'd rather wait a bit longer for my food than buy from Chick-fil-A. But I prefer McDonald's to Burger King, on the rare occasion I allow myself to get fast food :)