7 posts in this topic

Posted

A shooting accident in the canton of Fribourg over the weekend illustrated the hazards of being in the wrong place at the wrong time during hunting season.

A 60-year-old man from the canton of Vaud was seriously injured on Saturday after being shot by a hunter who reportedly mistook him for a wild boar in a field near the rural community of Villeneuve.

The victim had apparently been harvesting cannabis in the field and was carrying a garbage bag containing the plants, according to cantonal police.

He was transported by helicopter to CHUV, the university hospital in Lausanne, for treatment of life-threatening injuries.

The man sustained lead shot injuries in one arm and in the stomach, according to a report from Le Matin.

Posted

I go deer hunting from time to time. One thing the more seasoned hunters have always told me over and over is not to shoot until you are certain it is a deer. Do not shot just because the brush shakes or it looks like it might be a deer. Wait until you know for sure. We've had several tragic experiences like this one happen recently because hunters get anxious.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep, another example of how marijuana never hurts anyone.

Posted

its always so funny when a dog walker runs into you on a hunt... they ruin their panties :o xD especially in my night gear (ski mask, full black etc )

Posted

I go deer hunting from time to time. One thing the more seasoned hunters have always told me over and over is not to shoot until you are certain it is a deer. Do not shot just because the brush shakes or it looks like it might be a deer. Wait until you know for sure. We've had several tragic experiences like this one happen recently because hunters get anxious.

That's one of the number 1 rules of hunting. You never fire your gun at something you can't see fully.

Posted

Thread cleaned

Posted

i know why he shot