My old boss will fire tons if Obama elected

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:48

That said, NOBODY is advocating across the board tax raises like you imply. You're arguing a point nobody is trying to make.

Obama already has. Obamacare is an across the board tax increase. 22 new taxes (although not every new tax applies to an individual/family).

#17 king_of_hearts

king_of_hearts

Neowinian

• 200 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:53

Obama already has. Obamacare is an across the board tax increase. 22 new taxes (although not every new tax applies to an individual/family).

That's the only reason it was not shot down by SCOTUS.

However, if I recall the bill originated in the Senate.. So to me its kind of dubious as to how "legal" the law really is.

#18 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

• 1,014 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:02

And if you fire someone, why call them back 2 weeks later? They could have just stayed there in the first place.

Because 27k is much less than 60k+ a year...

#19 FightAndLive

FightAndLive

Neowinian

• 341 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:22

Obama has said many times that everyone's going to have to suffer to "fix" the economy,

Find me a quote from him that even comes close to saying that. He's said the rich will have to pay more numerous times, including one were he said "Rich guys will still be able to fly there private jets, just they will have to pay a little more".

The tax will only effect people that don't have health insurance, and will ONLY be imposed on you if you make enough money to get health insurance but choose not to.

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:28

Here is what most people don't understand and the press and our Government has chosen to ignore – to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Instead of raising my taxes and depositing that money into the Washington black-hole, let me spend it on growing the company, hire more employees, and generate substantial economic growth. My employees will enjoy the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But that is not what our current Government wants you to believe.

This is the cold, hard reality of the business world. To stimulate the economy you've got to stimulate business. If you don't do that, you are fighting a losing proposition. Unfortunately, Obama is very anti-business.

#21 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,182 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Yellow 1020 w/ 8.1

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:34

This is the cold, hard reality of the business world. To stimulate the economy you've got to stimulate business. If you don't do that, you are fighting a losing proposition. Unfortunately, Obama is very anti-business.

That makes absolutely no sense. No business is going to going to hire someone if they don't need them. If you put money in the hands of the American people, they will spend it, which stimulates business.

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:40

That makes absolutely no sense. No business is going to going to hire someone if they don't need them. If you put money in the hands of the American people, they will spend it, which stimulates business.

How can you put money into people's hands if their employers don't pay them enough or don't hire them to start with?

#23 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!?!

• 5,177 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:43

Because 27k is much less than 60k+ a year...

Exactly! Smart business move, but don't say it HAS to be done.

#24 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,182 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Yellow 1020 w/ 8.1

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:52

How can you put money into people's hands if their employers don't pay them enough or don't hire them to start with?

As people stop spending, companies cut down the amount of workers, which makes the economy worse. That's why the Gov't started giving out stimulus money.

You do realize that many companies have huge amounts of cash in the bank, right? Do a google search.

#25 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:55

You do realize that many companies have huge amounts of cash in the bank, right?

Huge corporations do but not that many small to moderate business do.

#26 FightAndLive

FightAndLive

Neowinian

• 341 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:01

The size of a buisness doesn't reflect how much money they have in the bank. This is problem right now. Tax cuts that are costly to the government aren't going to get employers to start hiring again. The conditions of this economy are competely different than the bush/reagon years.

#27 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:25

The size of a buisness doesn't reflect how much money they have in the bank.

Tell that to Apple. :D

#28 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:30

Your Boss will not be the only one.

#29 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 441 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:08

You know, thats funny right there. I used to work for someone that had a small business, and 10 employees. To say he didn't have money would be a joke. He used to go on 10-12 trips a year for a week at a time to the tune of $5k to a Mexican resort, and bill it to the company. I never personally cared what he did with his cash or the companies, as long as I had a job, but then he told me I had to take a 3$/hour pay cut for 'expenses'. I told him to shove it down his ass and quit. THATS the main reason this country is going to hell. Greed. That 50,70k a year he was wasting in Mexico could have paid his 'expenses' no problem at all. When I left, he hired someone else at 10$/hour. I was making 20 as a licensed electrician. Now I own my own business, and directly compete with him, and he HATES it. But I love it :D Oh, and I do plan on voting for Obama. I do not like Romney at all. If he wants to hike taxes up, do it. I can afford it.

#30 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!?!

• 5,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:31

You know, thats funny right there. I used to work for someone that had a small business, and 10 employees. To say he didn't have money would be a joke. He used to go on 10-12 trips a year for a week at a time to the tune of $5k to a Mexican resort, and bill it to the company. I never personally cared what he did with his cash or the companies, as long as I had a job, but then he told me I had to take a 3$/hour pay cut for 'expenses'. I told him to shove it down his ass and quit. THATS the main reason this country is going to hell. Greed. That 50,70k a year he was wasting in Mexico could have paid his 'expenses' no problem at all. When I left, he hired someone else at 10$/hour. I was making 20 as a licensed electrician. Now I own my own business, and directly compete with him, and he HATES it. But I love it :D Oh, and I do plan on voting for Obama. I do not like Romney at all. If he wants to hike taxes up, do it. I can afford it.

And THIS is what America is built on. I friggin love it! Congrats!