• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 14 October 2012 - 18:35

People. this is not Forza 5, it is not a sim like Forza so don't expect it to be, this is the fun more arcadey version of Forza, using the same engine, but made for those that don't think driving the same tracks over and over and over for lap times is all that fun.

#17 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 14 October 2012 - 18:39

Yeah, this is more like Test Drive Unlimited 2 done right :p (Though, notably on a notably smaller world - that's still plenty big). For a new studio's first game, they've done an amazing job.

#18 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 14 October 2012 - 18:54

Well unlike TDU2 whch was based on a real life location (thus also less work to make) I'm guessing that there's been far more thought into the track design and such here. That's been my main gripe with NFS since they started with Open world with the horrible underground series. Open word is nice and all. but the tracks don't have the feel and love of the properly designed tracks of the old NFS games, driving through the fall leaves on tracks that re actually made to be fun to drive on.

#19 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 14 October 2012 - 21:23

Top Gear challenges aren't in the game. All the races are on the open world of the Horizon festival.

I mean me and 2 mates are going to pretty much set our own challenges and emulate the TopGear ones where they all say pick the best RWD and drive from one side of the state to the other, or see whos fastest thru certain speed traps etc.

I know theres a free-play mode online so Im going to set a lobby up and were going to just go from there :)

Forza 4`s still the serious, laps and tuning game. This is "play ground". Which with Forza physics etc is bloody awesome.

#20 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:39

I think i am going to have to try the demo!
Soon as you mentioned PGR, i wanted to try it. PGR4 next to the Assassins Creed series is probably my favourite game i have for the 360.

It isn't surprising the game is good considering it was developed by ex Bizarre and Codemasters developers.

#21 OP neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:26

Lingwo, PGR4 stands as may face car game.of all time! Glad most.people.liked the demo, not sure about what's complaint re.the music, this game appears to have tons of radio stations and songs, just like PGR. Love that Hawk agrees with me for once heh heh!

Mighty, never played much of the modern Test Drives or Dirt games, so can't be sure, you may be right. I just know this felt a lot like PGR to me, and we know some of the team was involved.

And I knew Larry would break out the racing wheel for this one, was expecting it!

Forgive the horrible typing...friggin Win Phone!

#22 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:50

Tried the demo and.... pre-ordered it. I really liked it. The tracks the demo offer didn't really give me the PGR feeling, they were long and corners were easy but the wheel to wheel driving gave me the PGR feeling. Hopefully the full game will have some more closed circuits. You could also definately tell it was using the Forza physics.

Also how does the game look so good and still keep the framerate. This is the benefit of developing for a single platform.

#23 OP neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:00

Lingwo, its a game where you race against aiplanes! Its PRG wacky, for sure. Yes, the tracks are Forza, not PRG city driving. And I agree, the gfx are miles better than Forza 4

#24 therat

therat

Neowinian

• Phone: HTC One X+

Posted 22 October 2012 - 17:41

Looking forward to this, normal Forza gets a bit too serious for me although I still play it.

#25 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 October 2012 - 17:47

I guess I'm the only one who found the demo boring. Car handling was awful, engine sounds were dull, music/voiceovers are terrible, and they don't even use controller vibration over dirt terrain. Overall it was a pretty lifeless experience, I wasn't drawn in at all.

I would give it some plus points for the graphics, but when everything is brown, it's difficult to justify.

You're not the only one. I love the Forza games and have played many, many hours in all the Forza's to date. downloaded the demo for this one and was seriously un-impressed. Cars didn't seem to handle like they do on Forza 4. The actual races are pretty short. It's not really an open racing area. Yes you can drive around the map to your hearts content but the actual races are pre-determined.
I'll give the demo another shot to see if it rubs off on me a bit more but for now, I'm sure glad I did play the demo as was going to buy this and now I probably won't.

#26 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 October 2012 - 17:51

Wish MS would bring this out on PC. I'm done buying games for such a crud console.

#27 Big b0b

Big b0b

Neowinian

Posted 22 October 2012 - 18:06

awesome.

#28 Hamster34

Hamster34

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:18

I played the demo the other day but I think I'm going to hold out for NFS instead. Something doesn't feel right in Horizon and I can't put my finger on it.

Plus I've read that the AI is seriously broken (try doing the Mustang race (against the plane) but go round at 50mph)

#29 OP neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:27

you should get this Hamster. Only started playing, but it looks like a lot of fun and also quite nice-looking for a 360 game. The addition of speaking role characters and a pseudo story is not a good thing, though, reminds me of the horrid NFS: The Run.

#30 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:31

Well, I've got 6 of the 9 barn cars, and that's it... I wonder when I'll have access to the last 3....

Incredible game, fun to play!