211 replies to this topic

#136 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,329 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 04 November 2012 - 15:50

I believe I can flaaay... :)

I seriously thought something was wrong with my GPU drivers when I saw that. 'course after that, there were cops on all four walls, then the cop 'pyramid' and 'tornado'... :rofl: You're right to an extent that at times, it does appear you're on a acid trip while playing this game.

Also, **** the police. That is all. :) Really hate the freakin' concrete bricks (SWAT vehicles) that knock you out on the slightest hit. I do find it funny that it's actually a milestone to get busted six times. I was still on the mindset of the original Most Wanted of three strikes, and it's game over (though said strikes are easily avoidable by ALT+F4'ing out of the game).

The damage system in this game is a bit odd. Your car can get incredibly mangled but it never goes out of commission? In that case, I guess the damage resistance you get from a reinforced chassis is to increase the amount of head-on smashing you can do before the slightest knock results in a crash cutscene.

#137 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,252 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:36

Yep..in typical NFS fashion, there's no damage modeling outside of a full on crash.
I figure the plan was the keep story to the Black Box games and freeform to Criterion. I guess not so much after this since Black Box seems to be out of the picture.

#138 theslam08

theslam08

Neowinian

• 188 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 20:17

I seriously thought something was wrong with my GPU drivers when I saw that. 'course after that, there were cops on all four walls, then the cop 'pyramid' and 'tornado'... :rofl: You're right to an extent that at times, it does appear you're on a acid trip while playing this game.

Also, **** the police. That is all. :) Really hate the freakin' concrete bricks (SWAT vehicles) that knock you out on the slightest hit. I do find it funny that it's actually a milestone to get busted six times. I was still on the mindset of the original Most Wanted of three strikes, and it's game over (though said strikes are easily avoidable by ALT+F4'ing out of the game).

The damage system in this game is a bit odd. Your car can get incredibly mangled but it never goes out of commission? In that case, I guess the damage resistance you get from a reinforced chassis is to increase the amount of head-on smashing you can do before the slightest knock results in a crash cutscene.

+1x10000 lol

I also thought uhhh wtf is wrong with this game (the triangle cops and tornado) lol bugging me out, that is either a bug or criteron was really on something when making that lol

And could NOT agree anymore on the stupid cops in this one, the fact that they kind of 'want' you to get busted is discerning.

Bugs/Missing From Chases (more comparing to original MW):
-Not easy to lose 10 suvs behind you as,
-No more 'donut shop signs' that you could crash on those 10 suvs and be off
-The cool down is quite dumb (maybe the fact like someone said its a county of one police dept and not multiple cities or something idk...), even if your farr away from them they just appear, then even if your hiding FAR off from the road, they just somehow 'see' you. Its like if your in the 'radius' of them, they magetically pick up your car, EVEN with a brand new (from smashed) red, to yellow one....okay...
-Cooldown...again, whats the point of it if anything you do in it does nothing. Change your car? Your all set..... HA you think...not! They simply say uh subject (or w.e) is now driving a such and such model...and trust me, they did NOT see me change cars so they are again magicallypsychic.
-And so, if you are at heat 5, its just simply easier to get busted at that point. You lose NOTHING....coooool.........not
-With no money or any points other than SP (stupid points), you have to buy nothing. You also dont lose these points when getting busted.
-Like (O_o) milestones for getting busted (O_o)...like you said, not like the first one where you had the strike markers or you legit lose the car. THAT makes sense to me.

So honestly, I really feel like its just a drive and go for a bit then turn off. The graphics are cool like the cars look abolutely AMAZING I think (high detail), and the damage detail is pretty nice too (each car having many levels of damage amount). Also the magical easyEVERYTHING system is a gymic but cool none-the-less. You can change your tires to off-road while going 100 off-road and its instant. Or change your nos type right there. Cool but very unrealistic (I guess that was the idea in this game). I do like being able to just start some of the races (usually it seems after doing the first and second beginning races for any car), jump to, instead of driving 6 miles and getting into a high speed chase ending with a bust (an hour later)... There IS no storyline, there IS no driving to 'go' anywhere besides races, and very monotonous like many have stated). A very much jump in, race some customize on the fly and shut off. No $$ or custom mods makes wanting to do anything not so much fun. They should have made some hidden custom bonus parts for each car throughout the city too, that I think would have been cool (though the pro upgrades are nice but they do nothing dramatic to any of the 'non-pro' parts as far as upgrade goes.

Anyway sorry for long post. Just giving my 2 cents about it. Worth the price? Definitely not. Knock $20-25 off and maybe. Its just a very simple arcade racer (with fancy eye candy). Does not stand up to the ORIGINAL MW!! ORIGINAL MW FTW! Still...

#139 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,939 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:59

Thanks those who responded to my questions, clarified a lot. The Vita version just is not very clear about things.
Good news is even though I still do not have power at my house, I am at my in-laws waiting for my power to get restored, and decided to bring my PS3 over tonight. Amazon finally shipped my copy of MW for the PS3 on Friday. Checked it out real quick, and already it is much clearer on what needs to be done, besides obviously looking way better. The very cool thing is all of my driver score I had accumulated on the Vita has carried over to the PS3, one positive about it being tied into Origin, my score on both versions carries to either or.

#140 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,160 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:42

Finally got a chance to play this latest iteration of my favorite racing game. So far i am somewhat disappointed. It feels very messy. never had i suffered so many car crashes as in this game(i cant be that bad).
I like the cars and city map but something is not right.

Also enjoyed seeing strange replica of Toronto city hall :D

#141 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,252 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:00

I'd ask if anyone on PC wants to do Neowin group races, but I doubt we could find the right time to get together.

I'll just do random multi at some point I suppose.

#142 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,329 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:08

Also enjoyed seeing strange replica of Toronto city hall :D

Wait, where? Screenshot please :o

#143 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:14

Most Wanted looks gorgeous on iPhone 5, glad they took a cue from Real Racing 2 in terms of steering! :)

Can't stop playing it and looking forward to getting it for PC soon. :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

#144 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:21

Most Wanted looks gorgeous on iPhone 5, glad they took a cue from Real Racing 2 in terms of steering! :)

Can't stop playing it and looking forward to getting it for PC soon. :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

Ha, at least Im not alone. :p
I'm playing this on my Galaxy S3. It's actually an amazing phone game. Looks great, runs perfectly, and is a lot of fun. The steering takes a bit to get used to, but once you get used to not "overturning", it is a blast.
I'm now debating whether or not to get this on the PS3 or just keep playing it on my phone.

#145 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,927 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 21:25

I'd ask if anyone on PC wants to do Neowin group races, but I doubt we could find the right time to get together.

I'll just do random multi at some point I suppose.

Don't forget to add LordLOC on Origin! I'd be up to do Neowin races whenever I'm on to be honest. I find the MP stuff WAY better than the SP races so far. If only because of the Nazi Police Dept.

#146 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,252 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 22:07

Don't forget to add LordLOC on Origin! I'd be up to do Neowin races whenever I'm on to be honest. I find the MP stuff WAY better than the SP races so far. If only because of the Nazi Police Dept.

I did haha. SavagePaladin remember?

The police are really easy once you have a decent car and/or some upgrades on it. They're too easy for me now.

#147 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,927 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 22:51

I did haha. SavagePaladin remember?

The police are really easy once you have a decent car and/or some upgrades on it. They're too easy for me now.

Yeah I kinda figured you were one of the three people who added me on Origin :D I was just putting my name out in the thread again so more people might see it because everyone else hates me I guess :(

And I'm sure races are easier with the police once you get all the upgrades for a car. But you can't get the upgrades because the cops and rubberbanding racers from hell prevent you from doing so! :(

BTW, anyone see any patch notes for the patch earlier today? I'm really hoping they addressed the weird ass glitch out leading to driver crash/blue screen I've been getting. It's been preventing me from really playing alot.

#148 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 05 November 2012 - 23:09

BTW, anyone see any patch notes for the patch earlier today? I'm really hoping they addressed the weird ass glitch out leading to driver crash/blue screen I've been getting. It's been preventing me from really playing alot.

I came here hoping someone would have some info on this patch ....
15mb update with no notes ?? :/

Game felt a bit sluggish right after

#149 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,252 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:09

Maybe they fixed the String 1121271 Not Found In CloudCompete message I was getting on the Most Wanted scoreboard on the highways sometimes :laugh:

#150 +unabatedshagie

unabatedshagie

It used to be good on here.

• 3,429 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:31

Read the whole thread, seems like 90% of people are playing it on PC???

I don't think I can recall anyone mention Xbox. :-p

As for the game, I've sunk about 12 hours into this game, have completed about 80% of it. Races are generally to easy, most of them I won on my first try.

Cops are a little tricky to loose at times, longest cop chase is close to 20 minutes.

I've gotten most of the cars, billboards and speed cameras.

I haven't seen anyone mention online yet, IMO it sucks. I played it for maybe 30 minutes the other day. All is seems to be is 8 people crashing into each other, there doesn't seem to be much of a structure to the online game, feels like it was thrown together at the last minute. I'm going to play it until I get the achievements for online and then not touch it again.

I'm on holiday from work this week and I can see me trading this in at the end of the week since I'll probably have 100%'d it.