official nfs most wanted pc xbox ps3

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#166 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,160 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:42

Alright this Viper GTS race to outrun the cops is definitely a pain in the ass. (I don't like the car in the first place, but I do want to do all the races for every car.) :p

Thats quite a challange!

I only do more than 1 race for cars i like :)

#167 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,372 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:12

I've spent so long playing Criterion racers they're like a part of me. I like The Run online though, since it...works better heh.

#168 +unabatedshagie

unabatedshagie

It used to be good on here.

• 3,429 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:10

Well 6 days after getting this game I've traded it in. Have completed everything except for missing 4 security gates and I didn't bother with any of the online achievements as the online sucks. I really don't enjoy getting wiped out every 30 seconds or so.

#169 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:50

These crashes are getting really annoying lately.
All I get in the 24 hours of the day is about 1 for the game, and 15 minutes are ruined by these crash cutscenes

#170 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:34

These crashes are getting really annoying lately.
All I get in the 24 hours of the day is about 1 for the game, and 15 minutes are ruined by these crash cutscenes

I can relate to that.
Way too cinematic.
Also, often the way your car is auto-piloted out of the crash back into regular racing during the cutscene is total nuts...
Just some hours ago I got directed directly into a wall... well, thanks lads...

Glassed Silver:mac

#171 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:48

Most Wanted races are getting easier, when they are supposed to get difficult

#172 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,372 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:21

Most Wanted races are getting easier, when they are supposed to get difficult

Once you have one of the best cars pumped up nothing is really difficult.

#173 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 23:00

Except one (thus far for me) - getting 249 km/h average in Veyron's Needle Sh*t (last race) was pure evil! Just barely completed it with 249.1 km/h after, I think, some 2 hour grind (mostly watching crashes and waiting for retry, but there you have it) and I'm still trembling. Amidst random crashing (because Veyron is an unmaveuverable rocket), random SUVs appearing out of the blue, cops crashing themselves and doing piruettes all over the road, unavoidable traffic jams and a great many lottery ticket moments, I simply couldn't take the corner which takes from airfield back to the highway, totally wasting any good start I might have had.

I'm done today. Pure evil, I'm telling you.

#174 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 15:06

How on God' green earth do you control the Veyron?

#175 DavidM

DavidM

Neowinian Senior

• 1,789 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 15:32

Except one (thus far for me) - getting 249 km/h average in Veyron's Needle Sh*t (last race) was pure evil! Just barely completed it with 249.1 km/h after, I think, some 2 hour grind (mostly watching crashes and waiting for retry, but there you have it) and I'm still trembling. Amidst random crashing (because Veyron is an unmaveuverable rocket), random SUVs appearing out of the blue, cops crashing themselves and doing piruettes all over the road, unavoidable traffic jams and a great many lottery ticket moments, I simply couldn't take the corner which takes from airfield back to the highway, totally wasting any good start I might have had.

I'm done today. Pure evil, I'm telling you.

How on God' green earth do you control the Veyron?

Ha ha, you don't control that car, I just pointed and hoped it wouldn't get airborne. I kept asking myself if they forgot to put brakes and gravity on that car, the only tip I can give is not to run wide open and if there is a hill let off the gas as you reach the top.

The only vehicle I haven't finished all the races for is the Ford truck (SVT?), but I'm only at the Boss Mustang (going in alphabetical order) still plenty of cars left. I took down the "most wanted" with the 'Vette pretty easily, the only problem was with the #1 driver got away due to an SUV taking me out right after the "take down" part started. I had to keep chasing him and he'd just disappear off the radar, so I'd drive around and he would show up every so often fly by and I'd keep chasing, after about 20 minutes he flew by and totaled himself and as I was closing full speed he was transported behind me and he drove off. I was not happy, since I totaled myself hitting the wall he hit, but somehow I got him and finished the "list".

All in all this game has some very crappy parts and some even crappier parts, why can't I set the damn thing to skip all the race intros automatically? How does an SUV only hit me hard enough to scratch the paint but still total me? Still, I push on, I have no money to buy another game, so eventually I pick it up and keep going on my way to 100%!

#176 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,372 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:13

I guess they did put up patch notes and nobody actually noticed.

Patch notes - PC Patch 1 (Nov 5th 2012):

• Microsoft XBOX 360 and Logitech RumblePad2 controller no longer start vibrating after finishing a Speedlist, even when having the vibration mode off
  • Certain button bindings are no longer being forgotten after restarting the game
  • The game is now syncing properly again after Origin was switched between Online and Offline mode a few times
  • The HUD no longer disappears when editing license plates under some circumstances
  • Everyone who pre-ordered Need for Speed Most Wanted should now have access to the bonus content in-game
  • The game no longer hangs on the loading screen whilst accepting an invite under some circumstances
  • The game should now uninstall properly without leaving certain .dll files behind

just for the hell of it here's the link
http://answers.ea.co...012/td-p/176092

#177 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:56

Everyone who pre-ordered Need for Speed Most Wanted should now have access to the bonus content in-game

Which is...?

#178 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:05

Ha ha, you don't control that car, I just pointed and hoped it wouldn't get airborne. I kept asking myself if they forgot to put brakes and gravity on that car, the only tip I can give is not to run wide open and if there is a hill let off the gas as you reach the top.

The only vehicle I haven't finished all the races for is the Ford truck (SVT?), but I'm only at the Boss Mustang (going in alphabetical order) still plenty of cars left. I took down the "most wanted" with the 'Vette pretty easily, the only problem was with the #1 driver got away due to an SUV taking me out right after the "take down" part started. I had to keep chasing him and he'd just disappear off the radar, so I'd drive around and he would show up every so often fly by and I'd keep chasing, after about 20 minutes he flew by and totaled himself and as I was closing full speed he was transported behind me and he drove off. I was not happy, since I totaled myself hitting the wall he hit, but somehow I got him and finished the "list".

All in all this game has some very crappy parts and some even crappier parts, why can't I set the damn thing to skip all the race intros automatically? How does an SUV only hit me hard enough to scratch the paint but still total me? Still, I push on, I have no money to buy another game, so eventually I pick it up and keep going on my way to 100%!

so they copied some code from burnout for this one cause while scouting race routes i would often get wrecked by the lightest taps also i think ill pick this one up when it becomes cheaper.

#179 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,372 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:12

Which is...?

I believe it's just upgraded cars for multiplayer (without having to put the time in to upgrade them.)

#180 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,380 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 13 November 2012 - 22:04

here:

Posted Image

Just to add to this weird spotting, it wasn't just you or me that thought it looked too similar to City Hall: http://www.thestar.c...-for-speed-game http://www.reddit.co...ed_most_wanted/

Pretty neat. :)